IGNORED

Any fun Retro Meetups/Happenings in Seattle?

Hello All,

So I have finished my family's move to Seattle (Redmond).  Fun!  I know there are quite a few good retro game stores in the area, but I was wondering if there are any good retro meet ups/hang out opportunities?  I have signed up to a few Facebook groups and am eager to actually meet up with people in the community after 17 years overseas.  

On 7/21/2021 at 8:30 AM, jerseystyle said:

Hello All,

So I have finished my family's move to Seattle (Redmond).  Fun!  I know there are quite a few good retro game stores in the area, but I was wondering if there are any good retro meet ups/hang out opportunities?  I have signed up to a few Facebook groups and am eager to actually meet up with people in the community after 17 years overseas.  

I don't know about any meetups but did you join the group called "Greater Seattle Area Retro Gamers" ? Seems like a good place to start. They do scheduled claim sales, Tuesdays they focus on trades,  Thursdays they focus on In search of posts, and I've met people by selling or buying items.

Edited by TheGameCollector
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, TheGameCollector said:

I don't know about any meetups but did you join the group called "Greater Seattle Area Retro Gamers" ? Seems like a good place to start. They do scheduled claim sales, Tuesdays they focus on trades,  Thursdays they focus on In search of posts, and I've met people by selling or buying items.

Thanks- I signed up!

Sadly, most Seattle area events are still shut down for covid concerns- and honestly, our retro shows are pretty small given how many game stores we have around here!

But! Renton City Retro is currently planning to move forward this year, with the event scheduled on August 14th. Their website is out of date (the guy who runs it is on vacation, I guess?) You should be able to buy passes at the door, but here's the eventbrite link they're using right now: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/renton-city-retro-tickets-162196864187

And their Facebook page, which is updating: https://m.facebook.com/RentonCityRetro/

• Like 1