IGNORED

Was not releasing with CD at launch the biggest mistake Atari made with the Jaguar?

Leeroy ST

4 minutes ago, bluejay said:

When? I must have missed it. Actually, I am quite sure you never explained in detail about anything FPGA.

You said i was correct now trying to say my quote of tg16fpga is a mini ppppffddd ok they worked on tg16 or duo or w/we fpga for a year now that what I said tg16fpga not mini also below check times if needed ;)

Screenshot_20210803-134852_Chrome.jpg

Edited by ataritiger

9 minutes ago, Gummy Bear said:

unnamed-1.jpg.672497d6bfd593ffdfd85d8a93a48cfb.jpg

Thats pic of me knowing I was going to watch snyder cut one day...they said it wouldn't come out...impossible...it was all a dream...oh here from like a year ago fpgatg16 or tg16fpga dou fpga whatever NOT MINI where my quote of mini are fpga the nes mini fpga genesis mini was etc etc...just assumptions or lies. Yup.

Screenshot_20210803-135458_YouTube.jpg

Edited by ataritiger

5 minutes ago, ataritiger said:

You said i was correct now trying to say my quote of tg16fpga is a mini ppppffddd ok they worked on tg16 or duo or w/we fpga for a year now that what I said tg16fpga not mini also below check times if needed ;)

Screenshot_20210803-134852_Chrome.jpg

Looks like you edited your message AFTER I read it. That's why I missed it.

So, your quick google search on the matter clearly got you one step closer to understanding how FPGA works. At least you know something now. But alas, a few minutes is not enough time, even with the almighty google at your disposal, to grasp a concept such as FPGA. I've already explained this to you. FPGA is a chip. One chip. That can be "programmed" in such ways that it will, like you said, recreate the hardware within that one chip. Generally, like in the case of mini systems, that is all done in one chip. Everything else on the motherboard is RAM, some microcontrollers, voltage regulators, and other generic components. Unless I misunderstood you, you seem to think that there are many customizable chips that simulate each part of the hardware. That isn't the case.

3 minutes ago, bluejay said:

Looks like you edited your message AFTER I read it. That's why I missed it.

So, your quick google search on the matter clearly got you one step closer to understanding how FPGA works. At least you know something now. But alas, a few minutes is not enough time, even with the almighty google at your disposal, to grasp a concept such as FPGA. I've already explained this to you. FPGA is a chip. One chip. That can be "programmed" in such ways that it will, like you said, recreate the hardware within that one chip. Generally, like in the case of mini systems, that is all done in one chip. Everything else on the motherboard is RAM, some microcontrollers, voltage regulators, and other generic components. Unless I misunderstood you, you seem to think that there are many customizable chips that simulate each part of the hardware. That isn't the case.

Answered it before you talked to me today I think. Posted link I saw last year from mature gamers my life in gaming too to you today before your later you dont know fpga you don't know fpga you don't you dont i said it was hardware recreation since 7am or so ?. Have everdrive pro with sega cd fpga section for...10th time now. But ok. 

Edited by ataritiger

1 minute ago, ataritiger said:

Answered it before you talked to me today I think. Posted link I saw last year from mature gamers my life in gaming too to you before your you dont know fpga you don't know fpga i said it was hardware recreation since 7am or so ?. But ok. 

What you said earlier doesn't matter when even the stuff you said later is wrong. Means whatever you said before would be inaccurate as well.

Not knowing FPGA isn't a problem. You can always learn. That is, after you're done with your little tantrum.

2 minutes ago, youxia said:

I see it's all business as usual here ;)

I wouldn't be surprised if "ataritiger" is OP's bad-cop alter ego, but even if not, one thing's for sure: he's taking you for a perfect troll-ride.

26 minutes ago, bluejay said:

Merely having some fun messing with an idiot. Missed this little hobby of mine after I left all larger Discord servers.

I assure you I'm not getting booby trapped into the troll quicksand here... I've dealt with lots of them in my short life. Best run for your sanity now.

3 minutes ago, bluejay said:

What you said earlier doesn't matter when even the stuff you said later is wrong. Means whatever you said before would be inaccurate as well.

Not knowing FPGA isn't a problem. You can always learn. That is, after you're done with your little tantrum.

What was wrong later on? Already answered what fpga was before talking to you. Tantrum?

Screenshot_20210803-141055_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210803-141035_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210803-141024_Chrome.jpg

4 minutes ago, ataritiger said:

What was wrong later on? Already answered what fpga was before talking to you. Tantrum?

Screenshot_20210803-141055_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210803-141035_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210803-141024_Chrome.jpg

Interesting that you had to reference that many words, and there still isn't any specific and correct information anywhere. Or that you still believe that you are correct at all. All you say is "FPGA core is whats inside my NT" "I know what it is". Truly convincing evidence right there.

Oh, and regarding what was wrong later on, you might want to reread this that I wrote just for you a few minutes ago. You've forgotten already?

So, your quick google search on the matter clearly got you one step closer to understanding how FPGA works. At least you know something now. But alas, a few minutes is not enough time, even with the almighty google at your disposal, to grasp a concept such as FPGA. I've already explained this to you. FPGA is a chip. One chip. That can be "programmed" in such ways that it will, like you said, recreate the hardware within that one chip. Generally, like in the case of mini systems, that is all done in one chip. Everything else on the motherboard is RAM, some microcontrollers, voltage regulators, and other generic components. Unless I misunderstood you, you seem to think that there are many customizable chips that simulate each part of the hardware. That isn't the case.

Edited by bluejay

4 minutes ago, bluejay said:

Interesting that you had to reference that many words, and there still isn't any specific and correct information anywhere. Or that you still believe that you are correct at all. All you say is "FPGA core is whats inside my NT" "I know what it is". Truly convincing evidence right there.

I answered you 13 times what fpga is. Notice 7 hours ago before you joined the chat I said fpga or emu , as one is software one is hardware ;) keep trying ;) . Notice they said krikkz or terraonion who does fpga won't do it, notice I said my nt everdrive pro etc is fpga, notice my explanation to you you didn't see until my screenshot...hmm you thr 3rd guy who claimed I dint know what fpga was yet each time I gave perfect answer

Edited by ataritiger

So to get back on track, you threw out a random 2 million dollar number as your potential budget for this project. That's incredibly low for R&D, production, and licensing, but let's go with it for a moment. You invest 2 million dollars in the project. What type of system do you anticipate at the end for that kind of money, how much do you plan to sell it for, how much profit do you expect to make on each unit, and then how many units do you anticipate you can sell? In other words, let's say you invest that relatively low amount into bringing this project to fruition, do you expect to make any money back, or is it OK to lose all of your investment?

• Like 2

I answered you 13 times what fpga is. Notice 7 hours ago before you joined the chat I said fpga or emu , as one is software one is hardware ;) keep trying ;) notice they said krikkz or terrainion who does fpga won't do it notice I said my nt everdrive pro etc is fpga...hmm

Yep, and that totally proves that you understand FPGA. Totally. Mhm.

Everything you say is vague beyond meaning. One is software and one is hardware? Well, guess what. Online dating sites is also software and an electronic drill is also hardware.

Edited by bluejay

2 minutes ago, Bill Loguidice said:

So to get back on track, you threw out a random 2 million dollar number as your potential budget for this project. That's incredibly low for R&D, production, and licensing, but let's go with it for a moment. You invest 2 million dollars in the project. What type of system do you anticipate at the end for that kind of money, how much do you plan to sell it for, how much profit do you expect to make on each unit, and then how many units do you anticipate you can sell? In other words, let's say you invest that relatively low amount into bringing this project to fruition, do you expect to make any money back, or is it OK to lose all of your investment?

999 units initially.  $90 EMU OR $199 FPGA NOT ABOUT BIG PROFIT FOR ME 

8 minutes ago, ataritiger said:

This is simple maths. Lets say your profit out of the $199 is $50. You'll need to sell 400,000 (that's four hundred thousand) unit before it evens out at all, let alone generate any profit. Or you could build 999 and be 19 million and 950 thousand dollars worse off than you were before this project. So yeah, it probably isn't a bad thing that you aren't looking for any big profit.

Edited by bluejay
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, ataritiger said:

Sorry, not picking on you here, but you realize that even selling all 999 units (never heard of a 999 unit production run, but OK) is already a massive loss against the initial investment, let alone anything even remotely approaching a break-even, right?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bill Loguidice said:

Sorry, not picking on you here, but you realize that even selling all 999 units (never heard of a 999 unit production run, but OK) is already a massive loss against the initial investment, let alone anything even remotely approaching a break-even, right?

I said I could do 1000 molds and can initially sell them here. To other guy I said fpga was hardware recreation several times. One chip but don't my nt have chips?

Screenshot_20210803-143144_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210803-142943_Chrome.jpg

Just now, ataritiger said:

I said I could do 1000 molds and can initially sell them here. To other guy I said fpga was hardware recreation several times. One chip but don't my nt have chips?

Perhaps you are unaware of the concept of vagueness. It means how nondescript something is. When I say "what you are saying is ridiculously vague" it means "what you are saying does not provide enough information to prove anything".

This is the third time. READ THIS.

2 minutes ago, ataritiger said:

Explained pages ago, probably over my fpga explainition 

Oh, so you forgot yourself that it was supposed to be proof that you work at a molding "faculty". Extra points for totally not giving away a blatant lie.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ataritiger said:

I said I could do 1000 molds and can initially sell them here. 

So to figure out what's changed now, you're saying all you're talking about is you plan on producing and selling 1,000 Jaguar cases to start and selling them here on AtariAge? Is that correct? I know my own Jaguar already has its original housing as I would imagine most others, so outside of those few who want an alternative color or something, do you hope there's interest in these cases as Rasberry Pi housings, for example? (There isn't.)

Or are you saying that step 1 is to produce 1,000 cases, then step 2a is to do the R&D and production on the hardware and software, and step 2b is to simultaneously work on getting the nearly impossible licenses, with step 3 = selling a Jaguar Mini? I'm just trying to sort through this plan...

• Like 1