IGNORED

Was not releasing with CD at launch the biggest mistake Atari made with the Jaguar?

Leeroy ST

15 minutes ago, Leeroy ST said:

I seemed to have missed this branch off conversation.

The first problem with your idea is AVGN isn't the only misinformation spreading Youtuber, the Jaguar is arguably the most attacked console on YouTube for hits. You have an uphill battle from the start.

Also I'm not sure you know what FPGA is.

This also hasld me staring at the screen for a good few minutes trying to figure out how anybody could say 3DO flipped harder than the Jaguar.

Good thing 3DO had only 4 variants instead of 5 then. One a Japan exclusive. With a 350 plus game library and 2-3 million consoles sold.

But Panasonic not legit so it doesn't matter I guess. You dont actually explain HOW it's not legit, but ok. Also Sanyo and LG made the other ones, are they legit?

I like the jaguar top 20 better than 3do. I like genesis library better than snes. But those systems sold more. The snes and 3do. And? I just like the ones not just selling more sometimes. Jaguar has a great top 20...compared to 3do variants (count adult version) and pippen.

Edited by ataritiger

Just now, ataritiger said:

I like the jaguar top 20 better than 3do. I like genesis library better than snes. But those systems sold more. And? I just like the ones not just selling more sometimes. Jaguar has a great top 20...compared to 3do variants (count adult version) and pippen.

Have you played a 3DO? Are you aware there's more than 20 games for it? If so (I'm skeptical) fine. But you're personal favorites would have to appeal to a lot of people in order to "improve it's image" and sell your questionable FPGA console with built in games. Which you said has never been done despite evidence to the contrary.

1 minute ago, Leeroy ST said:

Have you played a 3DO? Are you aware there's more than 20 games for it? If so (I'm skeptical) fine. But you're personal favorites would have to appeal to a lot of people in order to "improve it's image" and sell your questionable FPGA console with built in games. Which you said has never been done despite evidence to the contrary.

Yes I played ssf2t on it back in day was super impressed even though no paralex scrolling. I never said 3do don't have more games I said jaguar top 20 better more versatile more quality than 3do top 20 imo.

5 minutes ago, Leeroy ST said:

What games came on mega sq or nt? Like 1? Which ones? Ok ill put games on jaguar sg. Why is everything a war? Just understand i have a faculty to mold shells, money, fpga creator contacts, answered 99.9% of everyone's questions provided proof listed games etc ... enough. I proved my side so who has shells here so I can pay for intellectual property sum for a scale version or hell the exact shells even though im at a mold company and a fpga can be wayyy smaller than og (everdrive pro  cart proof) Want hdmi. Fpga. Top 20 plus old ecosystem and homebrew. Ill put what I can on it. Make it cheaper than 

6 minutes ago, ataritiger said:

You insult me then call me immature. You assume I never saw this  

@ 30:03 and don't know its hardware replica even though I own devices (which never came with built in games oh NAME THEM) like everdrive pro which has fpga sega cd section lol oh here another picture too btw. Stop assuming you know what they say about that ;)

Since you really insist on me naming the games, they are Super Turrican Director's Cut and Super Turrican 2 for the Super NT and Ultracore for the Mega SG.

I called you immature because you are immature. You come up with ridiculous ideas and proceed to ignore every fair criticism that people provide you. You claim that they are "negative comments". You contradict what you said mere hours ago. You try to claim that you understand stuff that you clearly don't, based on what you said yourself. You bring up completely irrelevant points to try and salvage whatever pride you think you have left. If that isn't immature, I don't know what is. Oh, and a lot of the stuff you say, like this very quote I am quoting, are illegible. It is quite impossible to decypher what you are trying to say.

• Thanks 4

Above im asking just 1 or 2 pack in games? Not 20 right? Right. You answered. Ok i didnt know they even did. Did tg16 fpga have pack in games? Not 20 right. Right. Im not contradicting anything, you are insulting me (immature) and I'm answering your questions or you are assuming I dont know what fpga is maybe even a 3do or jaguar itself when I proved otherwise 10 times. You get mad when I explain or prove or answer you thoroughly so yall resort to going back to start of circle with same assumptions accusations etc as before even though I answered them. Easy to see. Once I explain it, the oh I can't read English comments start. Ok.

Edited by ataritiger

So I dont know what fpga is JUST cuz oops because I dont have a mega sg, and didn't know it came with 1 or 2 games but not 20 games like I want to do with this  huh. Not 20. I said top 20+ what consoles of fpga came with 20. Mind blown. Edit : Grammer police

Edited by ataritiger
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, ataritiger said:

What games came on mega sq or nt? Like 1? Which ones? Ok ill put games on jaguar sg. Why is everything a war? Just understand i have a faculty to mold shells, money, fpga creator contacts, answered 99.9% of everyone's questions provided proof listed games etc ... enough. I proved my side so who has shells here so I can pay for intellectual property sum for a scale version or hell the exact shells even though im at a mold company and a fpga can be wayyy smaller than og (everdrive pro  cart proof) Want hdmi. Fpga. Top 20 plus old ecosystem and homebrew. Ill put what I can on it. Make it cheaper than 

Nothing is a war here. It's just us merely mocking you for your poor attempts to be a troll.

You have a faculty to mold shells? So, uh, which definition of the word "faculty" were you trying to go for here? You have money? Hate to break it to ya, but the $9.50 you got for your allowance this week isn't gonna fund your project. FPGA creater contacts? So, who is this that you've successfully reached out to that agreed to design a Jaguar clone in FPGA for $6.25? I'd like to meet him. Tell him I'm willing to pay him double that for an FPGA Neo Geo AES. Provided proof? I assume you mean those pictures. Either they were taken on a late 80s digital camera or they are random photos you found on google that were cropped to tiny sizes. Listed games? What does that prove? If it were a list of games that you successfully acquired the right to distribute along with your FPGA system, the sure. But no, your list is nothing more than a wish list. One that would most likely never be fulfilled. Proved your side? I think not.

You think you can just contact {he who must not be named who owns the molds} and ask him if you can cast a magic spell on it to shrink it down to 1/4 size and have the legal right to sell them? How do I explain this, uh, no.

WOOOOOW an integrated circuit is smaller than a printed circuit board? Gee, I never would have guessed.

So after investing your $9.50 on developing the hardware, acquiring the rights to distribute each third party game, and make it cheaper than, uh, what? Cheaper than nothing? You're gonna pay people to take these? Where do I sign up?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, ataritiger said:

Above im asking just 1 or 2 pack in games? Not 20 right? Right. You answered. Ok i didnt know they even did. Did tg16 fpga have pack in games? Not 20 right. Right. Im not contradicting anything, you are insulting me (immature) and I'm answering your questions or you are assuming I dont know what fpga is maybe even a 3do or jaguar itself when I proved otherwise 10 times. You get mad when I explain or prove or answer you thoroughly so yall resort to going back to start of circle with same assumptions accusations etc as before even though I answered them. Easy to see. Once I explain it, the oh I can't read English comments start. Ok.

TG16 FPGA? I don't think the Analogue Duo is out yet, and I don't recall any other dedicated TG16 FPGA system.

So, uh, you're the one providing thorough answers here? Words could not be farther from the truth. You do not know what FPGA is, and my reasoning behind that is not because you don't know that some FPGA system didn't come with a pack in game, rather, because you thought it was FPGA itself that limited FPGA systems from coming with many pack-in games. Anyone with the slightest understanding on how FPGA works wouldn't think that.

Do you even read through what you type? Can you understand what you are saying? Can anyone? I'm not sure, but I can't, because apparently I'm an idiot. Explain every question I ask like I'm five please.

What kind of budget do you have for this project?

Did anyone other than yourself actually agree to take part in this project?

What is FPGA and how can it be used to make a clone video game system?

How do I buy rights to distribute games and how does all this licensing nonsense work?

Edited by bluejay
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ataritiger said:

I'm trying to be helpful here. You keep thinking that the inexpensive Minis that were released are FPGA-based. They're not. Not a one. The PC Engine/TG-16 Minis run software emulators like Nintendo's NES and SNES Mini, Sega's Mega Drive/Genesis Mini, Sony's PS Mini, etc. FPGA technology is very expensive still. There's NO DOUBT that one day costs for FPGAs will drop enough where they'll be candidates for inexpensive plug and play devices, but that day is not yet here. If you want to release at a sub $150 price point - or even a sub-$200 price point - software-based emulation it is. And again, that doesn't have to be a bad thing either, especially if you're just looking at supplying fixed games and calling it a day.

If you want a premium FPGA-based PC Engine/TG-16, you'll have to wait for Analogue's release of the Duo: https://www.analogue.co/duo.  It looks brilliant like all of their previous FPGA systems. They have a lot of resources, and, perhaps more importantly, a lot of experience, to bring what are essentially plug and play original console recreations with modern conveniences at the pricing that they do. (And of course don't forget about the upcoming Pocket: https://www.analogue.co/pocket) It took YEARS of work and a certain someone's specific expertise to get where they are today.

Finally, to be fair, your writing is pretty inscrutable at times, even on a casual forum where those of us who write for a living don't obsess over every word and get "loose" at times. Writing well is not everyone's bailiwick, of course, and that's OK, but I hope you understand why what you write can be harder to parse than how some others write. It's not your strong suit and that's OK.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, bluejay said:

TG16 FPGA? I don't think the Analogue Duo is out yet, and I don't recall any other dedicated TG16 FPGA system.

* Ok they have pack in games. Didnt know.

So, uh, you're the one providing thorough answers here? Words could not be farther from the truth.

* Answering everything.

You do not know what FPGA is, and my reasoning behind that is not because you don't know that some FPGA system didn't come with a pack in game, rather, because you thought it was FPGA itself that limited FPGA systems from coming with many pack-in games.

* I never said it like that i said i don't know of a fpga system with pack in games. My everdrive pro has none.. my nt don't.

Anyone with the slightest understanding on how FPGA works wouldn't think that.

* Which had 20?

Do you even read through what you type? Can you understand what you are saying? Can anyone? I'm not sure, but I can't, because apparently I'm an idiot. Explain every question I ask like I'm five please.

What kind of budget do you have for this project?

* 2 million.

Did anyone other than yourself actually agree to take part in this project?

* Yes

What is FPGA and how can it be used to make a clone video game system?

Hardware recreation. Mega sg is recreation of genesis with newer chips on pcb tuned to that specific system parameters to match og console

How do I buy rights to distribute games and how does all this licensing nonsense work?

We going to see. Or I can still do soft emu. Was just taking suggestions. Tell me I dont know fpga and sun is. * = answered your direct questions 

Edited by ataritiger

1 minute ago, Bill Loguidice said:

I'm trying to be helpful here. You keep thinking that the inexpensive Minis that were released are FPGA-based. They're not. Not a one. The PC Engine/TG-16 Minis run software emulators like Nintendo's NES and SNES Mini, Sega's Mega Drive/Genesis Mini, Sony's PS Mini, etc. FPGA technology is very expensive still. There's NO DOUBT that one day costs for FPGAs will drop enough where they'll be candidates for inexpensive plug and play devices, but that day is not yet here. If you want to release at a sub $150 price point - or even a sub-$200 price point - software-based emulation it is. And again, that doesn't have to be a bad thing either, especially if you're just looking at supplying fixed games and calling it a day.

If you want a premium FPGA-based PC Engine/TG-16, you'll have to wait for Analogue's release of the Duo: https://www.analogue.co/duo.  It looks brilliant like all of their previous FPGA systems. They have a lot of resources, and, perhaps more importantly, a lot of experience, to bring what are essentially plug and play original console recreations with modern conveniences at the pricing that they do. (And of course don't forget about the upcoming Pocket: https://www.analogue.co/pocket) It took YEARS of work and a certain someone's specific expertise to get where they are today.

Finally, to be fair, your writing is pretty inscrutable at times, even on a casual forum where those of us who write for a living don't obsess over every word and get "loose" at times. Writing well is not everyone's bailiwick, of course, and that's OK, but I hope you understand why what you write can be harder to parse than how some others write. It's not your strong suit and that's OK.

I never said nes mini genesis mini etc were fpga.

Seriously why are you guys saying things I never said? I never said nes mini was fpga...in fact quote it. My pics from s9 check Metadata are from Google then run a Google pic search. I literally answered everything and now its like yall resorting to things I never said. Its sad.

You know what. When the pm comes ill give updates. Until then tell me I dont know what moon is or poop or quote me saying a horse or mini is fpga. Ill be back with updates. 

Edited by ataritiger

1 minute ago, ataritiger said:

Seriously why are you guys saying things I never said? I never said nes mini was fpga...in fact quote it. My pics from s9 check Metadata are from Google then run a Google pic search. I literally answered everything and now its like yall resorting to things I never said. Its sad.

Either multiple people are purposely misinterpreting you, you're trying to weasle out of your own mistakes by saying you didn't say what you said, or you write and express yourself so poorly that multiple people can't parse your true meaning. It's definitely not the first one, so it's definitely one of the latter two.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Bill Loguidice said:

Either multiple people are purposely misinterpreting you, you're trying to weasle out of your own mistakes by saying you didn't say what you said, or you write and express yourself so poorly that multiple people can't parse your true meaning. It's definitely not the first one, so it's definitely one of the latter two.

Quote me saying "cheap mini are fpga" or any mini was fpga then. Easy right. Please. Do it. I'll wait. Fpga was only talked about because I took up his suggestion on it. 

Edited by ataritiger

* Ok they have pack in games. Didnt know.

Didn't say that.

3 minutes ago, ataritiger said:

* Which had 20?

Never said any had 20.

* 2 million.

HAH

But really, imagine spending 2 million dollars trying to prove AVGN is bullshit and a failed 90s console is good. No, no, nothing wrong with it at all. Can't imagine myself doing it though.

5 minutes ago, ataritiger said:

* Yes

Hm yes your imaginary smurf that will help you use his imaginary FPGA designing skills to create your imaginary Jaguar mini to play in your imaginations.

6 minutes ago, ataritiger said:

We going to see. Or I can still do soft emu. Was just taking suggestions. Tell me I dont know fpga and sun is.

Too vague. You didn't explain it to me like I'm five. You were given the opportunity to prove that you understand how things work. You willingly abandoned it.

8 minutes ago, rayik said:

I'm suprised everyone is so easily trolled.  

Merely having some fun messing with an idiot. Missed this little hobby of mine after I left all larger Discord servers.

8 minutes ago, ataritiger said:

I never said nes mini genesis mini etc were fpga.

For once, you said something that is correct. Indeed you did not say that. Not that I agree with you or anything though.

7 minutes ago, ataritiger said:

You know what. When the pm comes ill give updates. Until then tell me I dont know what moon is or poop or quote me saying a horse or mini is fpga. Ill be back with updates. 

Like I said, you never explained anything. All you provided were vague details that clearly show your lack of knowledge on everything you mentioned. And unlikely wish lists, Try something more convicing next time.

I'm all for the updates though. Wouldn't want to be deprived of those.

1 minute ago, bluejay said:

Didn't say that.

Never said any had 20.

HAH

But really, imagine spending 2 million dollars trying to prove AVGN is bullshit and a failed 90s console is good. No, no, nothing wrong with it at all. Can't imagine myself doing it though.

Hm yes your imaginary smurf that will help you use his imaginary FPGA designing skills to create your imaginary Jaguar mini to play in your imaginations.

Too vague. You didn't explain it to me like I'm five. You were given the opportunity to prove that you understand how things work. You willingly abandoned it.

Merely having some fun messing with an idiot. Missed this little hobby of mine after I left all larger Discord servers.

For once, you said something that is correct. Indeed you did not say that. Not that I agree with you or anything though.

Like I said, you never explained anything. All you provided were vague details that clearly show your lack of knowledge on everything you mentioned. And unlikely wish lists, Try something more convicing next time.

I'm all for the updates though. Wouldn't want to be deprived of those.

I actually did answer fpga question minutes before you posted this was giving mega drive example. Also thank you for admitting I never said mini were fpga.

Quote me saying I said "cheap mini are fpga" or any mini was fpga then. Easy right. Please. Do it. I'll wait.

Did tg16 fpga have pack in games? 

There is no TG16 FPGA currently in the market, which could only mean you are referring to the TG16 mini. That's emulation, no FPGA going on here.

I actually did answer fpga question minutes before you posted this was giving mega drive example. Also thank you for admitting I never said mini were fpga.

When? I must have missed it. Actually, I am quite sure you never explained in detail about anything FPGA.

Just now, ataritiger said:

The one the company who brought nt, sg etc brought or bringing out not mini.

That isn't released yet, so we assumed you were referring to the TG16 mini. That's misunderstanding on our part.

Edited by bluejay
  • Like 1