IGNORED

Keyboard Component - Substitute for RF Extender?

Dubis7

• 6 months later...

Hey! So it's been a few months - just wanted to let you all know I'm still on top of this. So far my contact that's been working on the CAD has been a bit slow to communicate. I'm going to be reaching out to him in the next couple of days to get a status update. Assuming he's still on top of things, I know that he also has the machine setup to build a prototype from the designs we've been talking about. Fingers crossed that happens and we don't have to start over.

As for production run, I'm thinking of maybe having 10 made. I haven't heard a whole lot of interest, but I also know that the keyboard component owners club is rather small. Might try and grab some extras and throw them up on eBay just to give some other folks a chance to grab one later on. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dubis7 said:

Hey! So it's been a few months - just wanted to let you all know I'm still on top of this. So far my contact that's been working on the CAD has been a bit slow to communicate. I'm going to be reaching out to him in the next couple of days to get a status update. Assuming he's still on top of things, I know that he also has the machine setup to build a prototype from the designs we've been talking about. Fingers crossed that happens and we don't have to start over.

As for production run, I'm thinking of maybe having 10 made. I haven't heard a whole lot of interest, but I also know that the keyboard component owners club is rather small. Might try and grab some extras and throw them up on eBay just to give some other folks a chance to grab one later on. 

Thanks for the update! I'm still definitely interested in at least one, in fact was just talking to someone about this a couple days ago. 

• 9 months later...

Okay so I know it looks like I've forgotten about this - I promise I haven't. The machinist I was working with has totally stopped responding. I gave him due time, but I'm moving on.

Starting the hunt for a new machinist today. Hopefully this one will turn out better. I'm gonna scrap the custom design and just aim to have it built around the original photos and measurements. With any luck (and some plastic and aluminum) I'll have more info soon. 

Sorry for the delay on this guys.

• Like 2

• 8 months later...