*SOLD* Atari 5200

zedfez

Atari 5200 console

9v power supply missing - console is UNTESTED

av box

2 original controllers

8 cartridges

4 sets of controller inserts.

Purchased many ago at tag sale - console worked back then but has been sitting in a box for the past 10 years.

Cartridges:

Jungle Hunt

Pole Position

Star Raiders

Football

Soccer

Pac-Man

Super Breakout

Space Invades

Controller Inserts:

Soccer x2

Super Breakout x2

Pac-Man x2

Star Raiders x2

Football x1

SOLD

20210719_182259.jpg

20210719_182247.jpg

20210719_182238.jpg

Edited by zedfez
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/29/2021 at 9:30 AM, zedfez said:

Atari 5600 console, av box, original controllers, Wico Command Control Joystick and Keypad, 8 cartridges, and 4 sets of controller inserts.
9v power supply missing - console is UNTESTED

Purchased many ago at tag sale - console worked back then but has been sitting in a box for the past 10 years.

Cartridges:

Jungle Hunt

Pole Position

Star Raiders

Football

Soccer

Pac-Man

Super Breakout

Space Invades

Controller Inserts:

Soccer x2

Super Breakout x2

Pac-Man x2

Star Raiders x2

Football x1

I'd like to get $200 + shipping for the whole package, but feel free to make an offer.

20210719_182306.jpg

Would you be willing to take an offer on just the Wico Joystick and Keypad as a set, I already own a 5200 (you called it the 5600 in your listing JFYI), I can PM you an offer if you are willing to part with the Wico joystick/keypad set, I need one for my 5200 controller arsenal, she'll be a great addition to my 5200 family. BTW, I've owned a 5200 since getting my "first date" with "Big Sexy" for my 17th Birthday back in 1983 (May 19, 1983), the current one I own is my second.

9 hours ago, Dopy25 said:

Do you have any pictures of the console? Also does anyone know if the 5200 will fit in any of the flat rate boxes?

Whatever box is used to ship, more importantly is to make sure the seller packs it really well, seems obvious? Well, the 5200 especially has so many horror stories of arriving cracked / chipped / smashed, ESPECIALLY the cover that goes over the controller storage compartment. Pack securely and well. Sorry but this is for anyone considering buying a 5200 to be shipped, just trying to avoid disappointment and another console needlessly destroyed or damaged. JUST A HEADS UP ! ?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, OldSchoolRetroGamer said:

Whatever box is used to ship, more importantly is to make sure the seller packs it really well, seems obvious? Well, the 5200 especially has so many horror stories of arriving cracked / chipped / smashed, ESPECIALLY the cover that goes over the controller storage compartment. Pack securely and well. Sorry but this is for anyone considering buying a 5200 to be shipped, just trying to avoid disappointment and another console needlessly destroyed or damaged. JUST A HEADS UP ! ?

Yeah mine was shipped to me and it arrived with the back cover smashed. The post office paid for the whole system though and I got to keep it. Still bugs me my cover destroyed.

• Like 2

One way to help ensure the controller cover doesn't crack is to pack something inside the storage compartment. This way if anything is placed ontop of the box (Which will happen) it will minimize how much that part of the plastic can flex and possibly break. Even sticking the controllers into that compartment isn't a bad idea to help with this. And then you follow all of that up with a lot of bubble wrap around the entire thing. With lots more padding outside it in the box all around it.

And as far as I know. NONE of the flat rate boxes will fit a 5200 console. I tend to ship USP for consoles like the CV and 5200 due to their size and weight.

BTW $50 for all of that is a pretty fair price for what is likely a working console so I'm kinda surprised to see it still for sale?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Dopy25 said:

Do you have any pictures of the console? Also does anyone know if the 5200 will fit in any of the flat rate boxes?

It wont fit in any USPS flat rate boxes.  I sold mine earlier this year and had to use a pretty big box to get the unit into it securely with a few joysticks and about 15 carts.  Shipping was $50+ IIRC and I had my own box.

• Like 1