IGNORED

US Doubler RAM Modifications

DavidMil

23 hours ago, BillC said:

Pin 11 of the 6810P is an active low chip select, /CS1, it won't work unless this pin is pulled low/grounded.

I guess my old data sheet info is wrong.  But the IC actually has six chip selects. some low, some high.  If CS1 is not connected,

it just can't be addressed as chip one.  It still has 5 other chip selects it can be addressed as.  I guess this was to facilitate large

numbers of 6810 RAM chips.

DavidMil

31 minutes ago, DavidMil said:

I guess my old data sheet info is wrong.  But the IC actually has six chip selects. some low, some high.  If CS1 is not connected,

it just can't be addressed as chip one.  It still has 5 other chip selects it can be addressed as.  I guess this was to facilitate large

numbers of 6810 RAM chips.

DavidMil

AFAIK all 6 chip selects must be connected to the appropriate signal level for the chip to be active, leaving any chip select disconnected/floating should disable the chip.

On 8/13/2021 at 2:01 AM, Nezgar said:

I recall @Kyle22 pointing out that the instructions on the RealDos site are incorrect. At least, it's not how I've ever wired mine. It looks like the one in the OP's 3rd picture.

http://www.realdos.net/US Doubler.html 

This is how my modifications are done (with CS3 trimmed).  If it didn't work, maybe that is why I still have it in my Atari IC's box.

DavidMil