IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 15 - Game 5 - Space Armada w/ Space Battle Bonus

[ Intellivision HSC Season 15 ]

(Game 5)

Space Armada

Mattel-Space-Armada.jpg

Space Armada by Mattel Electronics 1981

You're defending Planet Earth against the unrelenting attack of alien warlords.

space_armada.gif.b13f8466ca5095dde699e87a6d62a530.gif

ROM Download Link

https://www.romnation.net/srv/roms/21608/intellivision/Space-Armada-1981-Mattel.html

Game Manual Link - Click link below then go to 'Games' then 'Manuals' and scroll down for Space Armada

http://www.intellivision.us/intvlibrary/index.htm

High Score Club Record

248,220 270,990 Rickster8

Game Setting

PRESS DISC, THEN 1 (GAME) THEN ENTER

Contest Ends
TUESDAY AUGUST 31ST 11:59:59PM EASTERN TIME

Bonus Game

Space Battle

Space_Battle.jpg.101da586c2b230a51f55500b4a1959c3.jpg

ROM Download Link

https://www.romnation.net/srv/roms/21609/intellivision/Space-Battle-1979-Mattel.html

Game Manual Link - Click link below then go to 'Games' then 'Manuals' and scroll down for Space Battle

http://www.intellivision.us/intvlibrary/index.htm

Game Settings

PLAY ANY LEVEL - GAME WILL BE SCORED AS 'LEVEL' AND THEN 'SHIPS REMAINING'. ONLY WINNING GAMES SHOWING 'ALL CLEAR' COUNT. HIGHEST SCORE WINS. BEST POSSIBLE SCORE IS 5:9. +1 PT GAME WINNER INCENTIVE. NO SET RECORD BONUS FOR THIS GAME. 

+7 1st place

+6 2nd

+5 3rd

+4 4th

+3 5th

+2 6th

7th or lower,

+1 participation point

(MAIN GAME SCORES)

Space Armada

270,990 - Rickster8 [+13][+2 GAME WINNER INCENTIVE][+3 SET NEW RECORD]

86,280 - ed1475 [+12]

60,700 - IntyFanMatt [+11]

-----------------------------------

42,150 - Mark Griff [+9]

40,100 - gezkc [+8]

25,420 - wolfy62 [+7]

17,500 - Sprazzi [+6]

17,080 - gar0u [+5]

11,150 - lupovax [+4]

(BONUS GAME SCORES)

Space Battle

5:9 - mr_me [+7][+1 GAME WINNER INCENTIVE]

5:8 - gezkc [+6]

5:7 - lupovax [+5]

5:6 - IntyFanMatt [+4]

5:3 - Mark Griff [+3]

5:1 - gar0u [+2]

4:9 - Rickster8 [+1]

4:7 - Sprazzi [+1]

4:1 - wolfy62 [+1]

3:8 - ed1475 [+1]

Overall Rankings

After Bomb Squad

1 Rickster8 89
2 Mark Griff 55
3 Sprazzi 48
4 mr_me 47
5 Wolfy62 38
6 lupovax 33
7 gezkc 27
8 gar0u 23
9 IntyFanMatt 18
9 ed1475 18
11 CParsley 15
12 RogerPoco 11
13 t0spmad 10
14 jblenkle 7
15 JacobZu7zu7 5
15 fakecortex 5
15 roadrunner 5

Games Won

3 Rickster8 - Motocross x3, Space Hawk, Space Gunner

1 RogerPoco - White Water

1 IntyFanMatt - Dreadnaught Factor

1 mr_me - Bomb Squad

1 Sprazzi - White Water

Sneak Preview:

Super Pro Decathlon 

Edited by Rickster8
Added in scores
  • Like 2

Wow, so am I right in thinking we've got 4 games on the go at the moment:

Space Hawk

Space Gunner

Bomb Squad 

Space Armada (with Space Battle soon to be added). 

Even with a fully working Intellivision, I think I'd struggle to keep up with this number of games!! ?

Edited by gezkc
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, gezkc said:

Wow, so am I right in thinking we've got 4 games on the go at the moment:

Space Hawk

Space Gunner

Bomb Squad 

Space Armada (with Space Battle soon to be added). 

Even with a fully working Intellivision, I think I:d struggle to keep up with this number of games!! ?

Lol, actually five cuz you can play Space Battle now as well.... but Space Hawk and Space Gunner end this Sunday night so we will back down to 3 games running in just a day.... But yes right now it's a SPACE-A-THON and if you explode the bomb you'll be launched to space as well...... ?

Edited by Rickster8
Spelling
  • Like 2

For Space Battle I'd just score it (level):(ships remaining) and only winning games count.  Highest score wins.  Highest possible score 5:9.

Also note that there are two versions of Space Battle.  Only version two has level five, but all levels are easier in version one.  Version two typically comes in blue boxes and the instructions will say if it has the "super advanced" level.  You can also tell by looking at the game, the playfield is narrower on the left side in version two and the version one radar screen is surrounded by dots.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mr_me said:

For Space Battle I'd just score it (level):(ships remaining) and only winning games count.  Highest score wins.  Highest possible score 5:9.

Also note that there are two versions of Space Battle.  Only version two has level five, but all levels are easier in version one.  Version two typically comes in blue boxes and the instructions will say if it has the "super advanced" level.  You can also tell by looking at the game, the playfield is narrower on the left side in version two and the version one radar screen is surrounded by dots.

Okay we can do this, but there still is no proof in the pics what level was played. We will go with +7 pts down to +1pt for participation. +1pt for game winner incentive. So instead of +11 pts being the max it will now be +8 pts as the max. ?

• Like 2

This is one of my favorite Intellivision games.  I still remember they day we brought it home, and how exciting it was to see the game change as you progressed in levels; the squiggly brown bombs, enemies turning invisible!  I even liked just seeing the border color change between levels.

I was never very good at Space Armada, but I used to be pretty good at Space Battle.  Looking forward to more space games!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, gar0u said:

This is one of my favorite Intellivision games.  I still remember they day we brought it home, and how exciting it was to see the game change as you progressed in levels; the squiggly brown bombs, enemies turning invisible!  I even liked just seeing the border color change between levels.

I was never very good at Space Armada, but I used to be pretty good at Space Battle.  Looking forward to more space games!

It was a huge favorite in my house too. I remember first playing it when we got it in the Winter early 80's, can't remember the exact year, but I wanna say it was 1982. Yes it was really cool progressing thru the levels and seeing the next big thing that they had to throw at you. My little brother was probably 11 or 12 then and he gave made up funny names to everything in the game. We still laugh about those names today. Good stuff.... ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sprazzi said:

Space Battle disc level 7 ships left. Actually engaged blue squadron only. Gold and white stationed at the base

IMG_20210817_100603.jpg

Nice job, so if I am following mr_me's suggestion correctly I believe this is scored as 4:7.... Well Done!!!! ?

• Thanks 1

I will have to take a deep dive into Space Battle as I haven't played it seriously in close to 40 years. The overlay and all the stuff you have to do has always been somewhat intimidating as are most of the Inty overlays lol..... The funny thing is I grasped Utopia / Bomb Squad and even Microsurgeon and those three have probably the 3 most intricate overlays, but for some reason this Space Battle one gives me fits..... ?‍♂️

3 hours ago, Rickster8 said:

I will have to take a deep dive into Space Battle as I haven't played it seriously in close to 40 years. The overlay and all the stuff you have to do has always been somewhat intimidating as are most of the Inty overlays lol..... The funny thing is I grasped Utopia / Bomb Squad and even Microsurgeon and those three have probably the 3 most intricate overlays, but for some reason this Space Battle one gives me fits..... ?‍♂️

I just read all this after I was going to say:

If you can play Bomb Squad you can definitely play Space Battle! ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, wolfy62 said:

This might be the best I can do at this game.

I felt like I was under attack the entire time.

20210816_180513.jpg

You have to work the right and left sides. It's just like Space Invaders, they cannot advance downward if they don't reach the sides. So don't shoot in the middle of the pack. Take them down side to side... That will help, although it looks like you are on the gray screen (maybe the white screen before the gray screen), the screen after this is a whole new surprise. If you haven't seen it yet I don't wanna spoil it.... ?

Edited by Rickster8
Spelling
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Rickster8 said:

It's not hard at all once you know what you're doing.  You'll see.  It's not even close to the level of Utopia, Bomb Squad, and others in terms of complexity.  Just deploy your fleet to the enemies, and once they flash, hit "go to battle" and have fun destroying them all.  That's it!  Space Battle was, and still is, one of my all time favorite Inty games.  Huge nostalgia for this one!

And yes I’ll play it, and Armada this week. 

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, sprazzi said:

17500 points space armada...everything BUT invisible targets!!!! :(

IMG_20210818_093915.jpg

You have to imagine them as visible. You know where they are because the board is the same. You always have 32 warlords in an Armada, 8 columns and 4 rows. That never changes. You have to be like Jean Claude Van Damme in Bloodsport. ? His Sensei taught him to fight blindfolded and to use his other senses. Also, the warlords make a specific noise when they run back and forth. They make different noises as they become less and less in the Armada, you can determine how many are left based on the noise that they make. So since you know where they are at the start and how they sound you can determine how to beat them. I developed a system to beat those two invisible levels and whereas I used to have trouble with them, I can tell you now that I beat the invisibles 95% of the time.... ??

Edited by Rickster8
Wording
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1