IGNORED

Howard Scott Warshaw Video Interview - Atari, Yars' Revenge, Raiders & E.T. All Discussed:

Adriano Arcade

2 hours ago, zzip said:

It's nowhere near as bad as people claim.

That's the thing: it's a decent game, provided that you know how to play it.  But if you just pick it up and think you'll figure it out as you go, it'll frustrate the hell out of you because at least some RTFM is needed in order to understand how it works.

ET was one of the only games (even to this current day) I've finished.  I finished it not long after getting it and I was 7 years old.  I don't see why so many people think it's such a tough game, because my skill level on most all games is about a 0 out of 10 (maybe that's why I finished it?)

5 minutes ago, Stephen said:

ET was one of the only games (even to this current day) I've finished.  I finished it not long after getting it and I was 7 years old.  I don't see why so many people think it's such a tough game, because my skill level on most all games is about a 0 out of 10 (maybe that's why I finished it?)

Most people do need to read the manual to find out what all the icons at the top do.  If the 2600 had more resources,  I suppose the same game could have on-screen prompts so that people could figure it out without the manual.   That plus all the falling into pits really annoyed people.