IGNORED

Lynx Video Capture Issues

swlovinist

I am having some issues with capturing footage with my Atari Lynx.   I have a McWill Modded Lynx with a VGA out option(with adapter).  The adapter sticks out of the lynx from the top then connects to a seperate VGA cable.   I am not getting a picture at all.   I have a Framemeister, vga to hdmi adapter, and have tried several different monitors and setups.   I am using batteries in my lynx and not a power source.   Any other options I could try would be great.   I wanted to be able to capture some footage for a future video and this would be a nice option.  

• Like 1

When you turn the brightness wheel on a Lynx I or press the brightness button on a Lynx II the mode should change. You will likely get a striped mode and a VGA mode. In the VGA mode the actual LCD becomes blank. If this does not happen then the brightness cable has not been connected to the McWill LCD board.

52 minutes ago, karri said:

When you turn the brightness wheel on a Lynx I or press the brightness button on a Lynx II the mode should change. You will likely get a striped mode and a VGA mode. In the VGA mode the actual LCD becomes blank. If this does not happen then the brightness cable has not been connected to the McWill LCD board.

Brightness knob isn't used in this case at all. At least not with the older kits it wasn't. In fact my brightness wheel was removed and the opening for the VGA is in that place instead. So on my McWill, only the back light button is used to switch between the modes.

And yes, when in the VGA output mode the LCD will turn off.

Wait, my apologies @karri, I finally figured out what you were saying. You were saying that on the Lynx 1, you use the brightness wheel to change the modes and on the Lynx II you use the back light button. Gotcha.

On 8/26/2021 at 9:19 PM, -^CrossBow^- said:

Are you saying that you aren't getting VGA output at all from it then? And you are pressing the backlight button to cycle to VGA output correct?

I will try this and get back to you to see if this works.   Thank you for the suggestion.