IGNORED

Centipede Recharged (in VCS Store)

justclaws

15 minutes ago, markofwolves said:

Guys, the controls are no longer good. Left movement does not work, plus the buttons are all wrong. Both with the classic controller and with the modern. What may have happened? I also uninstalled it without success.

Thanks.

I had the same problem yesterday. An uninstall was insufficient. I had to delete the CR file under "Other - Saved Data." Note: This will clear local leaderboard scores. Your online high score will be fine.

Also, if you have a mouse plugged into your VCS. I recommend disconnecting it or turning it off. You may also need to forget and re-pair the controllers.  In game settings, make sure player 1 mouse controls are toggled off.

A number of folks have encountered issues since the last update. It seems like there is a conflict with the added mouse controls and the Joystick that is messing this up.

Hope this helps.

13 minutes ago, markofwolves said:

Guys, the controls are no longer good. Left movement does not work, plus the buttons are all wrong. Both with the classic controller and with the modern. What may have happened? I also uninstalled it without success.

Thanks.

I also started experiencing weirdness with the controls. But, only on the modern control. It still works correctly with the Classic Controller ?‍♂️.

Just accepted the updates for Asteroids, Breakout and Centipede Recharged and everything is working on my VCS 800 console (including trak-ball for Centipede).  Really like that the leaderboards are now working too. 

Sorry to hear that others are experiencing issues and hope they get resolved ASAP.

Btw, this is the trak-ball that I use with my VCS 800.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I fired up the Xbox version last night and believe it or not, there are no new introduced issues there.

I finished the challenge mode to get the achievement (pretty easy and lackluster) and will probably never play this game again.  Lacks the long term playability of the original since the main game is just a big ass endurance run.

The issue I have is the one life aspect.  In the arcade, a death would give you breather and clear up the poisonous mushrooms.  

Here, the the friggin game just bombards you with fleas and scorpions which crap up the playfield to the point of being annoying.  Once you get a few poison mushrooms in the upper playfield, you can pretty much kiss your game goodbye as the bottom playfield will be littered with centipedes in no time flat.  

Would it have been too hard to add maybe a 'classic' game mode in addition to this endurance mode?   

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Anyone else started having problems with this game again?. I’ve ran into a new issue where the modern and classic controllers no longer function with the game, i’ve tried the usual fix for the game by uninstalling it and deleting the game save data as a last resort but no luck. All my other recharged games are working perfectly but it baffles me why this game constantly breaks, it was working fine a few days ago. 

• 6 months later...

I've noticed that every so often when a scorpion shows up to lay down the poison on mushrooms, the sound will cut out and/or the gameplay will lag for a second. Given the erratic movement of the spiders, this can lead to instant death if I was moving toward a spider to shoot it at the same time this happens. I don't know if anyone else has had this problem or if there's anything I can do to correct it given I'm already on the latest update/installation of everything for the VCS.