IGNORED

Code editor (and or tools) on a mac

Thelen

I was wondering, what is today a recommended setup to program 6502 assembly? And that, on a Mac - what code editor is nice to use?

Are there also some ntools on a mac for the A8?

Nearly two decades ago I used notepad(Windows), Xasm, Atari800win and a .bat file which compiled it and started it in the Emulator.

I'm sorry if this thread already exists...I searched but couldn't find it ?

Thanks!

• Like 1

On 9/9/2021 at 1:15 AM, Thelen said:

I was wondering, what is today a recommended setup to program 6502 assembly? And that, on a Mac - what code editor is nice to use?

I personally have been using ca65 from the command line with BBEdit as the text editor.

I have been converting all of my old 80s projects that had been done in Atari Macro Assembler to it, and loving it.

So far I have posted a very small project to Github -- you can check that out to see how the pieces all come together.

A scan of the old AMAC code is posted as well as the modern ca65 files + makefile.

https://github.com/bhall408/atari800-touchpad-keyboard-controller

I have a voice digitizer app and a few games that I will eventually be posting, all using ca65.

I have some text adventures done in BASIC that may also wind up on GitHub later on.

And finally a BBS that I co-wrote in the mid-80s that was originally done in Deep Blue C, then ACE C, and has now been moved (but not yet finished) using cc65+ca65.

• Like 1