IGNORED

Norseman for Intellivision now available! PLUS digital sale!

cmadruga

This looks quite fun and well made! And the music is very catchy. This would have been near the top of my list for action games BITD. I would buy it right now, if I could get an LTO Flash!, even though I have a Videopac+. I definitely will when I finally get one.

OOC, why did you use the smaller MSX grid rather than the larger Videopac+ original grid, with one extra row, which offers ever so slightly expanded tactics? It looks like you have enough horizontal room left over, being used as a border. You mentioned all aspects of the game were revised. Any chance you'd be up for going into more detail? I'm very curious.

• Like 1

You sound like a real Norseman fan ?

Thank you for the feedback! Credit for music goes to @carlsson, who really did a great job. 

I grew up playing the MSX version, so that's the one I used as reference for battlefield dimensions.

I used the bottom row for game messages, which is something the Videopac and VG5000 versions don't do. 

Other original aspects of the Intellivision version:

- Battlefield clean-up routine: removes random enemy corpses between enemy waves. Corpses at the top 2 rows are always removed.

- New and different sound effects. 

- Messages at the bottom of the screen.

- Screen will shake when helmet is lost.

- Music

- Title screen with menu

- skill levels

- Sprites redrawn

- All code was done from scratch.

• 11 months later...