IGNORED

Will 7800 Cartridge Shells work for 2600 games?

kidirata

Hey All,

So I am close to completing a custom homebrew game and I am wanting to get some cartridges produced. I know AtariAge has a service for doing this but I am more interested in producing them myself for right now. Either way, I was curious if anyone produced clear/transparent game shells for the 2600 when I stumbled upon this site: https://hoskinson-industries.myshopify.com/collections/atari-7800 . These colors are exactly what I am looking for, but they are for the 7800, not the 2600. So my question is, will 7800 shells work for 2600 games? will 2600 PCB's fit in a 7800 shell and will the 7800 shell fit in a 2600 cartridge port?

Thanks very much!

I have many of those 7800 shells, and while they work great for 7800 games, they do not fit in 2600 systems very well.  I am working on having new 2600 shells made, but everything's moving slowly at the moment.  Once I do, I will be offering them for sale to others, and I will be doing a lot of testing to make sure they fit well in all the 2600, 7800 and third-party systems I can get my hands on.  But probably not soon enough for your needs.

..Al

• Like 1

• 1 month later...