IGNORED

NTSC/PAL Software Compatibility Question

project7800

Bit of a noob question here. I know that one can generally see a difference if one were to run a PAL game on a NTSC machine and vice versa. But does anyone know if similar issues would arise with other types of software. For example, I live in the US, but suppose I bought an assembler program on a floppy from ebay.co.uk. Would that assembler run relatively normally on my NTSC machine? Specifically, I have a stock 1040ST and I want a copy of DevpacST. I also want to only use a physical copy, and not use emulation or an UltraSatan or anything like that. 

Thanks in advance for the help!

Actually, if there is no timing in game tied to vertical blank (sync), it will be hard to notice difference.

And some assembler, or generally editor, compiler, data handling program will work fine on PAL or NTSC machine - unless there is some regional restriction (not likely).

Additionally, you can set PAL machine to work at 60 Hz, NTSC to work at 50 - if monitor supports it.

And I dare to add that there is nothing bad to use Assembler with emulator or hard disk, actually both ways are much better than bothering with floppy, or rather floppies, swapping them ... brrr ...

• Like 1