IGNORED

Tigercub Full Disk Collections

I'm back to reading old newsletters. :)

BB&P always published Tips from the Tigercub.  I'm wondering if the "full disk collections" are available somewhere.  These had the titles:

Tigercub's Best

Programming Tutor

Programmer's Utilities

Brain Games

Brain Teasers

Brain Busters

Maneuvering Games

Action Games

Two-Player Games

Kid's Games

More Games

Word Games

Elementary Math

Middle/High School Math

Vocabulary and Reading

Musical Education

Kaleidoscopes and Displays

I suspect (I may even remember reading as such) that they were eventually in the Peterson PD Collection.  But it's hard to tell what's on these ~600 disks as far as I can make out.

Any leads would be welcome.  I play with the PD disks from time to time, but would really like to look at what was in these specific "Tigercub Full Disk Collection" disks.

I'm back to reading old newsletters. [emoji4]

BB&P always published Tips from the Tigercub.  I'm wondering if the "full disk collections" are available somewhere.  These had the titles:
Tigercub's Best
Programming Tutor
Programmer's Utilities
Brain Games
Brain Teasers
Brain Busters
Maneuvering Games
Action Games
Two-Player Games
Kid's Games
More Games
Word Games
Elementary Math
Middle/High School Math
Vocabulary and Reading
Musical Education
Kaleidoscopes and Displays

I suspect (I may even remember reading as such) that they were eventually in the Peterson PD Collection.  But it's hard to tell what's on these ~600 disks as far as I can make out.

Any leads would be welcome.  I play with the PD disks from time to time, but would really like to look at what was in these specific "Tigercub Full Disk Collection" disks.

Pretty sure they are all on the ftp

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Well, they are if they were added to the PD Collection.  But if that's the case, they're very hard to find.  If I look at the disk catalog text file, I see, for example, three titles with "Music Education" (named #1, #2, and #3) but with no authors after the titles.  "Brain Busters" yields no results.  So I'm now starting to question if the full disk collections themselves were released into the PD library or if programs were lifted and put on other compilation disks in the library.

But it's also entirely possible I'm in the wrong place.  I poked around, and all I found was:

https://ftp.whtech.com/emulators/pc99/tigercub/  I did do a recursive search of the site before I asked FWIW.

• 2 weeks later...

Right, that's just the problem. :). There were multiple (numbered) Brain Games but I don't know if I can assume #1 is the one that was originally offered for sale.  

The author names don't help, because Peterson wrote a lot of PD stuff himself.  The "Full Disk Collections" contained 5 or 6 of his copyrighted programs and then he filled the disk with PD material in the same general category.

It was worth a try. Thanks!