IGNORED

Atari ST in Daily Use

pacman000

The 1040STF was launched at the Spring 1986 Atari show along with the 520STM, it was on the TV series Micro Live in early 1986 where they looked at both the new machines.

To be honest I can't pin down exactly when I bought my Amiga 1000 or my Megadrive to an accurate 6 month period or whether I got my lovely Sony Trinitron for ST or C64 in 1985 or 1986 so I wouldn't say he was a liar. I only remember exactly when I got my 520STM because it was dependent on excellent school results for that year end before the cheque was sent to Compumart, not only did the teenage postman wheel it on his bike from the local sorting office 5 mins walk away but we also had to go back to Compumart as it had the dreaded loose ROM chips within 3 or 4 months (and the jiggly ride in the car reseated the ROM chips so it worked fine when we got there after a 100 mile drive as Dad didn't want to post it to them!!!!!!!!!). lol my 520STM was opened up a lot because of that and dropped from 6 inches above the desk even more often.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1