IGNORED

Intellivision Day 2021 Signup is Live!

First Spear

The sign up page is now live for people to commit to playing a game for Intellivision Day on December 3rd!

image.thumb.png.2d578129c039e08fd4e92e5ef3669eed.png

As always, could use a little debug help by googling for "Intellivision Day" and clicking on the Intv Prime link, registering for a game, and posting here if any issues arose and if registration was successful. https://www.google.com/search?q=intellivision+day

Registration should be a little smoother this year, multiple people can now commit to playing the same game (though this is discouraged, give every game a chance to be played :)). 

On behalf of the Fun Registry Department at Intv Prime, thanks!

image.png

Edited by First Spear
  • Like 7

8 hours ago, cmadruga said:

Do you have adblock enabled? If yes, try disabling it.

Nope, no plug-ins.  Just stock Safari on an iPad.

UPDATE:  I just tried on my Mac (running the very ancient Mac OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.6), using a special build of the Mozilla code-base called "InterWeb" (version 2020.06.07).

It let me sign up without issues ... and I still haven't seen a CAPTCHA. ;)

-dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay

1 minute ago, Sinjinhawke said:

That is so cool.  I did not know about that?

Yep, that's the only way I can be back in AtariAge.  The upgrade a few years ago locked me out -- along with most of the Web by then.

1 minute ago, Sinjinhawke said:

But my oldest Macs that are still on the internet are running 9.2(68K), 10.4(PPC) and 10.5(PPC) which is even too old for Interweb.  

There may be other projects to support those, although I can't be sure.

-dZ.

• Like 1

It would be nice if all plays could be video recorded. Just 1 or 2 matches.

Then someone would edit them and make a single video.

In each of the segments, as we play them, whoever is playing could comment on:

- why was that game picked

- what makes it special

- why others should play it too

The end result would be this lovely community-owned homage to Intellivision games.

Anyway, just an idea.

Edited by cmadruga
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, cmadruga said:

It would be nice if all plays could be video recorded. Just 1 or 2 matches.

Then someone would edit them and make a single video.

In each of the segments, as we play them, whoever is playing could comment on:

- why was that game picked

- what makes it special

- why others should play it too

The end result would be this lovely community-owned homage to Intellivision games.

Anyway, just an idea.

Sounds good to me!  What would it take to make it happen?

56 minutes ago, DZ-Jay said:

Sounds good to me!  What would it take to make it happen?

Depends on how it's being recorded.  In Twitch, I think anybody can grab a segment of a video and save it.  Twitch livestream videos are normally deleted after 60 days.

7 hours ago, Zendocon said:

I'm in to livestream FUBAR.

Now to get the day off, and get some friends.  This will be great to play on livestream.

I didn't know Livestreaming was in the cards for this. The original idea is to just play and celebrate the birthday.

But streaming a good idea. :) I could run the same setup as before for the 2020 Intellivision Virtual Expo Game Room, which last time supported about 24 hours of live video (4 independent streams for 6 hours each). All the players need(ed) was to push their play through OBS to the streaming endpoint and the cloud did the rest. Some players had their own Intellivisions with HDMI-out going to a PC which ran OBS, one player had a Flashback that piped video through it, some people had emulators running on their PCs running OBS. So, if there is enough interest from people with OBS, I'll coordinate it. One of the benefits of working this way for IVE2020 was that .mp4 files are created for each segment as automatic output and they were straightforward to put into Rev's Youtube space afterwards.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, First Spear said:

I didn't know Livestreaming was in the cards for this. The original idea is to just play and celebrate the birthday.

No worries.  I'll be playing too.  The idea behind livestreaming is to keep the party going whether or not I'm actively playing.  That's why I went with FUBAR.

OK, well, we have some time before December 3rd. So anyone that wants to stream their play and can stream to an RTMP(S) endpoint using OBS or similar, email the Media and Events Division of Intv Prime at contact@intvprime.com, and if there is sufficient interest in the next month I'll organize.

Thanks for the idea!

2 hours ago, Zendocon said:

No worries.  I'll be playing too.  The idea behind livestreaming is to keep the party going whether or not I'm actively playing.  That's why I went with FUBAR.

3 hours ago, First Spear said:

So anyone that wants to stream their play and can stream to an RTMP(S) endpoint using OBS or similar

I'm obviously not a streamer.  Hopefully I'm not the only one who read that and basically heard in their head what adults sound like in a Peanuts cartoon.  I do know how to watch a stream though.  :)

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, cmadruga said:

Disabling the adblocker and reloading did it for me. I still did not see the CAPTCHA, but at least it went through.

I managed to register using a Firefox clone, or the iPhone Safari.  The iPad Safari kept giving me the CAPTCHA error.

Oh, and I never saw the CAPTCHA in the browsers where it worked. *shrug*

dZ.