IGNORED

Kings of Edom pre-orders OPEN NOW

Songbird

Congrats on collecting so many crowns!

I don't think crowns are guaranteed to appear on each level, so you have to play through multiple times. You should always receive the message when entering a level if a crown is present (that was something I suggested during beta testing, so a player could know if he needs to explore an entire level or if he can proceed to the next one).

I agree selling equipment would be nice, since you get lots of surplus during the game.

Permadeath, for better or for worse, is a feature of roguelike games. If you could save at any point, the game could become too easy. For a sequel, maybe there could be a happy medium of saving every 4 levels or something like that?

Fighting enemies of course is the only way to gain experience. Experience will improve your stats, including health, magic, search (ability to find food & gold), attack accuracy, and defense. So while it's possible to bypass most enemies, you may struggle on the later levels where enemies can one-shot you if you're not properly leveled up.

Great feedback overall, and glad you're enjoying the game!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, grips03 said:

Its seems a little bit meaningless to fight bad guys on the various levels, this should mean more in HP, magic spell or attack.  Since the laggy movement is for grid turn based, then have an option where the time allocated for the grid turn based pause can be turned off/adjusted.   

Fighting monsters is the only way to level up and to increase Atack/HP/Magic.

Iam not sure how turning off pause in a turn based game could work technically:  During the time the monsters make their turn, you cannot make your turn simultaniously, you have to wait a bit.

I agree that there is room for improvement (the game was a bit rushed out for release)  

Imo the battles could be a litle bit more snappier and provide more tactical depth (e.g. like The Hunt), player death often happens randomly and there is not a lot of skill involved. 

The game forces you to replay everything until you would eventually find all crowns, because the game would never spawn all crowns across the 12 levels  or the necessary crowns left. So, it could happen you walk through whole the game for just 1 crown, rinse and repeat.  I think I played through the game 5 or 6 times to collect all crowns and see the real ending.  

Edited by agradeneu
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, agradeneu said:

The game forces you to replay everything until you would eventually find all crowns, because the game would never spawn all crowns across the 12 levels  or the necessary crowns left. So, it could happen you walk through whole the game for just 1 crown, rinse and repeat.  I think I played through the game 5 or 6 times to collect all crowns and see the real ending.  

I agree.  I had to play through the complete game at least 6-7 times before I finally saw the full ending as well.

• Like 4

Wow, thank you that is what happened I got 1 crown and then nothing. 

I think its the graphics and sound I like the most.  They are happy little birds, but the enemy dying sound is good too.  Yes, death seems random for sure.  Almost like everything is a little too random.  Right now I'm play just to get big bank account, as I spent all the money on the previous pass through.  Seems unnatural to play for just that reason, if more time could have spent working on game balance, oh well.  It's still a good game.  Just now I've been getting 1 and 3 for gold, min gold should have been 10.  Usually to outfit hero takes about 2K to go through all the levels.  I'll try to get 4k so I have 2 good passes and hope for 1 crown each pass.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, agradeneu said:

Imo the battles could be a litle bit more snappier and provide more tactical depth (e.g. like The Hunt), player death often happens randomly and there is not a lot of skill involved. 

I agree, and am a fan of Hoplite / The Hunt. Having some ranged attacks and deterministic enemy movement would open up the combat quite a bit.

I hope to work on a sequel eventually!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...