IGNORED

Basic Dimensions (L & W) of All Atari 8-bit Systems

MrFish

2 hours ago, DavidMil said:

Any thoughts about floppy drive enclosures?

I've considered doing images for drives and other hardware too; but, for the moment, I'm satisfied to have the standard production line-up done (just finished all machines tonight).

A couple of things that can be said: a lot of drives (and some other devices) will be pretty simple, since I'm just doing an overhead view; and things will also be simplified by the fact that I've got a standard for all the colors and various design aspects that are common amongst each series.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2021 at 2:22 AM, MrFish said:

I was actually wondering about that myself last night. I was just kinda waiting for someone else to notice it and speak up. I also thought I'd seen a photo someone posted before, with the 600XL on top of the 800XL, which showed them be equal lengths.

[Edit: I edited the list above to reflect the information provided here.]

On 10/10/2021 at 2:05 AM, adam242 said:

I was shocked to see the 600XL and 800XL having different lengths, so I went and checked mine. Both are 15 inches (38.1 cm) on the nose.

It took me decades to realize that the 600XL is smaller than the 800XL as I never saw one in the 80s and obviously failed to look at the magazine pictures with enough attention.

On 10/10/2021 at 12:50 AM, xrbrevin said:

i think the 800 would win that one!

Isn’t the 1450XLD with that floppy on top way higher?