IGNORED

Zombie Nation is getting a physical reissue on cartridge!

605FD1B0-DD43-4697-AEF2-0E1D9998090E.thumb.jpeg.82510645facac8cc6a1870cb07486cc9.jpeg

From Strictly Limited Games. Boohoo. I would feel better about giving them more money if I didn’t literally have hundreds of dollars in orders from over a year ago that still haven’t been delivered. But what can you do.

It seems to only be available in a bundle with the Nintendo Switch release of the Abarenbo Tengu (the original game)/Zombie Nation double pack:

https://store.strictlylimitedgames.com/collections/all/products/abarenbo-tengu-zombie-nation-nsw-nes-compatible-game-bundle-ntsc

• Like 2

Careful though, if they're doing this like most/all their other releases you won't be seeing it for potentially a very long time, I'm talking easily a year or more despite paying up front.  They set up production totals, and until they sell through their amount, they don't stop taking money, making people wait, or even lifting a finger towards production until it's 100% of what they want (the opposite of LRG.)  I had to cancel an order with them because the game took so long (still hasn't filled, never should now) other companies got the rights to sell it, and have sold it for months, and for $10 less too.

That said, if they set up some realistically low figure they can sell through, this should be worthy if you're a fan.

• Like 1

So...in order to get a reissue NES version, ya gotta pony up way too much, wait forever-ish, and accept a Nintendo Switch game??   Nope!

I'll just play my Famicom :ahoy:version.  It's on a pink cart and the label has the cover of Chakan the Forever Man.

(Or just hit it up on the ol ND-8, but I won't say that out loud hahhaaaaaaa )

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't understand much about the dynamics of pricing here for the original copies. There will be a decrease in value on this title from an investment perspective, it seems what is being said? Will the box/manual likewise decrease? And what is a realistic price for original copies? I guess I'm ignorant of how this works, because my thought would be that the original would still retain value and maybe even go up, on the thought that the market trading the game was basically never playing it. This new version would seem to exist for people who want to play it. Again though, not smart enough to know about this topic...

7 hours ago, AAA177 said:

Another question...on the copy that was from Blockbuster...would that particular copy of Zombie Nation be more valuable because it has Blockbuster stickers on it? 

I doubt it unless it was exclusive somehow. Even though Blockbuster stuff is "cool" now, in this case it would detract from the value (although it adds a healthy dose of nostalgia charm) Kind of like this rental copy of WCW wrestling...in my opinion its cooler than a loose cart hahaScreenshot_20211203-084057_Messages.thumb.jpg.540d26c16eeb9e82b66fbffaabb92d53.jpg

Edited by Crazy Climber
spell check
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, AAA177 said:

Another question...on the copy that was from Blockbuster...would that particular copy of Zombie Nation be more valuable because it has Blockbuster stickers on it? 

It’s special to me. A few of my other games have Blockbuster stickers on them too. 8 Eyes and Racket Attack. Got them for Christmas back in the day too. I actually like them with the stickers intact. Call me crazy.

• 3 months later...

Maybe, but I'd consider it a fantastic thing those 1:1 exterior copies are out there now.  It gives people a chance to own a real one without being f'd in the a by greedy sharks who are taking advantage of others.  And as a bonus, if it causes them to be far more paranoid and scared to buy into stuff too, all the better.