IGNORED

Atari 7800 Game Releases (in VCS Store)

justclaws

8 hours ago, eightbit said:

Nope, not released (yet).

I think the whole Flashback Friday got messed up by the server problems, and probably key staff absent.
I'd really like to see a follow-up message about what happened, because it was perfectly BAD timing. ?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, justclaws said:

I'd really like to see a follow-up message about what happened, because it was perfectly BAD timing.

Yes, stuff like this happens. Heck, even Facebook and Google services go down. I just hope they own it, learn from it, and are as transparent as possible. Their corrections on the Atari XP cartridges was promising and I hope they continue to communicate with the community.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, stirrell said:

Yes, stuff like this happens. Heck, even Facebook and Google services go down. I just hope they own it, learn from it, and are as transparent as possible. Their corrections on the Atari XP cartridges was promising and I hope they continue to communicate with the community.

I agree, absolutely. In fact, I also had trouble with some Amazon services this weekend, for quite a while,
and I also had trouble getting logged-in to my Oculus Go account, but I didn't see any outages reported.

The Atari XP statement was excellent, and that kind of clarity about this incident would be what I'd like.
It's just I'm aware that there were probably, as here, quite a lot of new VCS owners hit by this incident.

N.B. Atari VCS Store
The Black Friday VCS software deal for the weekend has been extended to Wednesday,

apparently, due to the server problems over the weekend. (Everything working today.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, swlovinist said:

Is there a specific time of the day that Atari drops games on Friday?   I turned on my console this morning and navigated to the store.    I did not see any new releases.   2nd week in a row :(.   

Its seemed to be in the afternoon PST the past few drops. Super Huey was in the initial Black Friday email blasts so the speculation is that it will be today's game. No mention on the VCS twitter yet. 

• Like 2

On Super Huey 7800 I notice that in the VCS Store Ziggurat Games is listed as the developer rather than the original developer Cosmi Corporation, but the game isn't listed in the Ziggurat Games web site. They own Super Huey 1-3 though so....and I notice they also are publishing that American Hero woulda-been Jaguar game, so maybe they are the current developers?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mockduck said:

On Super Huey 7800 I notice that in the VCS Store Ziggurat Games is listed as the developer rather than the original developer Cosmi Corporation, but the game isn't listed in the Ziggurat Games web site. They own Super Huey 1-3 though so....and I notice they also are publishing that American Hero woulda-been Jaguar game, so maybe they are the current developers?

I wondered if they are going to finish that and release it for JagCD as well as on Steam, etc.

• Like 1

So it would appear as though all of the Atari 7800 games for sale through the Store are also playable in Antstream Arcade, which every VCS owner gets for free (ad-supported version), right? So I'm a little curious as to why people are dropping money on these titles when they're already accessible for free. If I'm missing something, please let me know. I'm a brand-new VCS owner, so I very well may be out of the loop on something. 

Just now, sixersfan105 said:

So it would appear as though all of the Atari 7800 games for sale through the Store are also playable in Antstream Arcade, which every VCS owner gets for free (ad-supported version), right? So I'm a little curious as to why people are dropping money on these titles when they're already accessible for free. If I'm missing something, please let me know. I'm a brand-new VCS owner, so I very well may be out of the loop on something. 

Well, I guess it is easier to find them directly on the dashboard?  And if you have crappy internet, playing the streaming version may be terrible.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, leech said:

Well, I guess it is easier to find them directly on the dashboard?  And if you have crappy internet, playing the streaming version may be terrible.

Yeah I did think of the easier one-tap access for the standalone titles; good call. Definitely didn't think of the crappy Internet thing. Does everyone not have gigabit internet these days?!

25 minutes ago, sixersfan105 said:

Yeah I did think of the easier one-tap access for the standalone titles; good call. Definitely didn't think of the crappy Internet thing. Does everyone not have gigabit internet these days?!

It the whole ownership vs having access to play it debate.    Antstream Arcade is really a big selling point of the VCS.  

• Like 1