IGNORED

Under the influence of hunger

neogeo1982

Im on my 4th map. I must have missed crowns on the others. Is there 1 crown on each map level or can there be more than 1 per map I wonder? I see I can go back to each previous one through the teleporters. But then there's the food issue again by backtracking...

3 hours ago, neogeo1982 said:

Im on my 4th map. I must have missed crowns on the others. Is there 1 crown on each map level or can there be more than 1 per map I wonder? I see I can go back to each previous one through the teleporters. But then there's the food issue again by backtracking...

As stated in the manual, it takes several generations to find all crowns. So it's not likely that you find all crowns in a single game. Each new level, staring from level 2 enables a new type of crown, but it is not certain it will be generated. It may be generated later in the game, along with other crowns. So you may actually find several crowns on one level, or you may find none at all.

Important tip:

If there is one, or more crowns present on a level it will be indicated on the screen where you select which skills to train. E.g. it will be stated on the bottom "you feel the presense of a lost relic" (if I remember the exact wording correctly?)

As long as you see this message, keep searching that level until you find all crowns on it, then this message will dissapear.

You may go for the exit on the last level (e.g. level 12) even if you haven't found all crowns, and there will be an ending. However, there is a different ending if you find all crowns.

I promise that you have to grind this game a lot to find all crowns :)

Edited by phoboz
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, JagChris said:

Remember to read the manual folks. So the author doesn't have to hop in the thread and spoon feed it to you?

He's got better things to do such as work on the sequel. 

I figured it out just fine by the time he came on. Besides the sense of wonder and discovery was heightened by not reading it. And I was hoping others would chime in with their discoveries as they find them.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, neogeo1982 said:

I figured it out just fine by the time he came on. Besides the sense of wonder and discovery was heightened by not reading it. And I was hoping others would chime in with their discoveries as they find them.

No worry's was just ribbin' ya. 

It will be interesting to see how everyone plays it as it starts landing. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, neogeo1982 said:

What stats are people running? I keep using Toughness, to hit bonus, and Search.

I go for strenght, dexterity, and searching. I also switch to 2-hit-bonus  and 2-damage-bonus. You can change any time during the game.

Toughness has no effect in combat, it helps to whitstand hunger, and poison longer. It is better not to get hungry.

Mana is good if you intend to use much magic, as it reduces the cost to cast magic spells.

Edited by phoboz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1