IGNORED

Intellivision II Power Board accidentally fried - what could be wrong?

Nateo

I JUST finished recapping the power board on my Intellivision II. I went to tweak the RF modulator to see if I could get a better picture, slipped up with my screwdriver, and a spark flew. And that was that.

I *think* the short occurred between the positive end of the large capacitor and the RF can. What's the most likely culprit here? All test points show nothing (except the AC voltage, which is dandy).

3 hours ago, Oneinchbiceps said:

Have you checked your fuses? 

I know about the thermal fuse behind the voltage regulator (what is that, a 7805?), but uh... now that I'm looking at it again, looks like there's a baby one by the player 1 controller port, and there's no continuity across it. Suppose that might be my issue?

Yeah I'd start with replacing that. If it blows again their something else wrong. On a side note that fuse you are speaking of was replaced by a pig tail fuse holder on one of the Intellivision 2's I purchased off of ebay. So must be common for that one to blow. I'd have to look it up about the voltage regulator but that looks right. 

Edited by Oneinchbiceps

3 hours ago, Oneinchbiceps said:

Yeah I'd start with replacing that. If it blows again their something else wrong. On a side note that fuse you are speaking of was replaced by a pig tail fuse holder on one of the Intellivision 2's I purchased off of ebay. So must be common for that one to blow. I'd have to look it up about the voltage regulator but that looks right. 

Yep, that little fuse was it! Now just to find a suitable replacement and I'll be back in business. Still frustrating, but I'm glad to know nothing else was fried (and that the fuse did its job!)

• Like 1

I hope this is not off the subject. Besides having common knowledge of Intellivision II, does anyone have an electrical schematic of these? I repair the 1st version and would like to get into repairing Intellivision II. Electrical schematics are a must for those of us who want to repair anything electronic, at least for me. I also would like to get a hold of the repair manual for the Intellivision II as well (or just a copy). Can anybody help me or point me in the right direction?

44 minutes ago, walldog1 said:

I hope this is not off the subject. Besides having common knowledge of Intellivision II, does anyone have an electrical schematic of these? I repair the 1st version and would like to get into repairing Intellivision II. Electrical schematics are a must for those of us who want to repair anything electronic, at least for me. I also would like to get a hold of the repair manual for the Intellivision II as well (or just a copy). Can anybody help me or point me in the right direction?

Console5.com is your friend...

https://console5.com/wiki/Intellivision_II

• Like 2