IGNORED

Opening-Up DOS Box Emulator

.nIk0.

On 10/16/2021 at 9:39 PM, leech said:

Well, this means it needs the support of the Roland UM-ONE, so we can have lovely MIDI support with the MT32.  :)  Well at least that's what I use on my desktop with Linux, so it likely would work out of the box, as long as dosbox is made aware of it.

And if it isn't, they would have to give us access to the config file, as well as running the setup utilities for the games so we can select our preferred sound output.   I have a feeling it might be locked down more than that.   I may stick to running Dosbox in PC Mode.

On 10/23/2021 at 8:24 AM, .nIk0. said:

Hi, 

If you want access to DosBox since dashboard and play dos games 

How access DosBox.pdf 24.72 kB · 6 downloads

Here is the real question: does the AtariOS use the xdg .desktop standard for launchers?  If it does, in theory it would be really easy to create shortcuts in the OS, via a Linux boot up.  And in essence create your own DOSBox game shortcuts.  Granted the downside of this is most DOS games assume you have a keyboard, but you could for sure find ones that worked with a controller.  Ha, would be funny to run Windows 3.1 on an Atari VCS...

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...