IGNORED

Robots Rumble [DONE]

mksmith

• 10 months later...
8 hours ago, saxmeister said:

@mksmith I keep coming back to this game and playing it. Having played over the Speccy, C64, VIC, and Plus/4 versions, I think this is my favorite port. Excellent job making the old girl do what she was supposed to do! ;)

Thank you so much! It's a fun game once you get a run at it 😄

• Like 4

Mate!

This looks fantastic and thanx! Also nice to see some Spectrum-Games in the ATARI-Homebrew-universe. I like the colour schemes of the Spectrum, but never had one. ATARI and Spectrum 8-Bits truly have a "stylish" aspect to them and that is due to their colour palettes. A field where the C64 was terrible in.

However, I cannot run your final ROMs. I have an original 7800 in my studio (With no Harmony-card, just many original Cartridges), but love to play 7800-Games Home on my Nvidia Shield TVPro (Android-TV 11) running them on RetroArchPlus (Which uses the ProSystem as Emulator), which is tremendously nice for playing NES, SNES, MegaDrive, PS1 and other things with per-shader simulated Scanlines and PC-Controllers. It runs ALL original 7800-ROMs in the a78-format and many finished homebrews as Ninjish Guy, Knightguy, Slideboyinmazeland, Galaxian and Dragon´s Decent (Half of the homebrews don´t work with RetroArch, I still don´t know why). Yesterday I tried to import and play the final versions of RobotsRumble and A.R.T.I. (That H.E.R.O.-clone) but just a black screen was returned by RetroArch´s 7800 Emulator.

Do I miss something?

Edited by Bob Humid
spelling
  • Like 1

Prosystem is a very old emulator and a lot of recent homebrew games do not run correctly and some don't run at all.

If you are running on an android system, maybe check out Argon https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.markspace.retro

I don't know much about the android world or whether your Nvidia device  can run it, but might be worth checking out.

If you are running on PC, check out A7800 which is probably the most accurate emulator for PC.

Hope you get "that H.E.R.O clone" working ;) 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@Bob Humid Hi Bob! Thanks for your kind words. Yes Speccy games defiantly have a colorful vibe no other machine really did back then and this translated well to my 7800 version.

As @Muddyfunster suggested Prosystem is unfortunately no longer capable of playing most modern homebrew. Hopefully someone will make a better 7800 emulator available for RetroArch eventually as like you many people use that for the combined arcade experience.

Another ways to play is using JS7800 online in the browser - there is a link in the first post to launch that.  Also Argon is now hosting Robots Rumble within its game store which is fantastic.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, mksmith said:

@Bob Humid Hi Bob! Thanks for your kind words. Yes Speccy games defiantly have a colorful vibe no other machine really did back then and this translated well to my 7800 version.

As @Muddyfunster suggested Prosystem is unfortunately no longer capable of playing most modern homebrew. Hopefully someone will make a better 7800 emulator available for RetroArch eventually as like you many people use that for the combined arcade experience.

Another ways to play is using JS7800 online in the browser - there is a link in the first post to launch that.  Also Argon is now hosting Robots Rumble within its game store which is fantastic.

Ok, thanx mates!

Well, The Nvidia ShieldTV is really a very nice gameing-device (Also possible to stream GeForceNOW-titles in 4K if necessary) and also probably the best TV-Box you can get at these days (My first two ones did not really work to their promised ad-talk) - So unfortunately RetroArchPlus it will be. Maybe I ll suggest something like porting a new 7800 Emulator for RetroArch in their forums. The Coleco-Emulator in RA is also complete rubbish. Couldn´t start ANY ROM with it, while the ShieldTV Pro can handle even a DreamCast EMU. And the ColecoVision was another really cool gaming device back then - in the carpet-warm and neonish 80ies... ;)

P.S.
Oh! I found this: 

Edited by Bob Humid
detail
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Muddyfunster said:

Prosystem is a very old emulator and a lot of recent homebrew games do not run correctly and some don't run at all.

If you are running on an android system, maybe check out Argon https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.markspace.retro

I don't know much about the android world or whether your Nvidia device  can run it, but might be worth checking out.

If you are running on PC, check out A7800 which is probably the most accurate emulator for PC.

Hope you get "that H.E.R.O clone" working ;) 

Thanx on the tip about ARGON. Seems it also works on Android TV, which is something else than Android alone.

EDIT: Alas! I tried it! And I was surprised how ATARI-centered it is! Unfortunately there is no way of creating SCANLINES, nor can I find a way to point to folders with ROMs. At least that is the case in the Android TV-version. Also, I cannot play without scanlines. It´s just ... blashpemy. ;)

Edited by Bob Humid
  • Like 1