IGNORED

Help with using the debugger

Champions_2002

Easier to use the built in cheater...

Just look for a line with LDA #$05    in Hex A9 05

See where it's storing the 05 and the look for a DEC 'that stored address' in hex CE stored address in reverse byte order..

As said, easier to use the cheater.. I rarely use the debugger, just did now and had to learn all the commands that I needed, if you set a break point for the lives address it will show a few watch locations and a view assembler (u) of those will give you a good clue..

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Champions_2002 said:

I am looking for extra lives in the game Drelbs and was wondering if anybody could help me getting them with Altirra.

I haven't included this one on my "cheat patch" thread yet as I'm still working on a couple more cheats for it but I already have the unlimited lives cheat ready.

Here's the "Altirra Debugger Console" cheat for unlimited lives:

eb $2834 $A9 $01 $EA

That's for the XL version of the game. The number of lives at the top will appear to count down but they will continuously roll over. Enjoy!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, EddyFree said:

I haven't included this one on my "cheat patch" thread yet as I'm still working on a couple more cheats for it but I already have the unlimited lives cheat ready.

Here's the "Altirra Debugger Console" cheat for unlimited lives:

eb $2834 $A9 $01 $EA

That's for the XL version of the game. The number of lives at the top will appear to count down but they will continuously roll over. Enjoy!

Thank you!!!