IGNORED

Atari SA releasing limited run 2600 cartridges.

Nall3k

11 hours ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

Look, who has time to proofread articles when there's speakerhats to sell?

I'm surprised they aren't offering free speakerhats with every game purchase just to get rid of the things.

Or maybe someone there realized that would actually hurt sales.

Ooh, I got it! 10% discount on your game order for every speakerhat you agree to take off their hands!

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, KaeruYojimbo said:

I'm surprised they aren't offering free speakerhats with every game purchase just to get rid of the things.

Or maybe someone there realized that would actually hurt sales.

Ooh, I got it! 10% discount on your game order for every speakerhat you agree to take off their hands!

I'm actually intrigued by the speakerhat and wouldn't mind trying one!

Joking aside (or "toxicity" aside, apparently), pretty sure they ceased making speakerhats, as pointed out. As much as I spoof at Atari now, I am happy Chesnais is out of the picture.

And the speakerhats do suck. Just cheap, tinny Bluetooth speakers like all the rest of the cheap Chinese crap. Plus why you'd want it blasting your face is beyond me.

• Like 1

On 5/20/2022 at 1:30 AM, groundtrooper said:

I think you missed what @toiletunes was pointing out. Yars' Revenge is hardly a rare or unreleased game.

I agree that they should correct this.

However, I'm sure they mention this (Spoiler Alert! ATARI does) on the Discovery blog...

Edited by Gunther
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, BassGuitari said:

Has anyone who bought any of the standard edition Atari XP carts received them yet? The FAQ indicates Atari intended to start shipping in "early 2022" but we're rapidly closing in on mid-2022 now.

The latest blog update said "May".  I have not received mine yet so far.

• Like 1

Checked in today and I see the delivery dates have been pushed to July according to the ordering page...  Not really surprised based on what's going on right now.  I've got transactions that used to happen overnight that have been hung up for weeks.  It's like every business out there has just stalled and isn't getting anything done.  Well, other than AtariAge and USPS.  :)  Got my games shipment from Al the other day!  Based on how the pre-orders were shipping I figured I was still a few more weeks out while he got caught up, then all of a sudden it shipped!  Then USPS delivered it 2 days early too!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

New banner on the site.  "PRE-ORDER SALE ENDS SOON!" with a little over 3 days counting down from now.  Interesting.  Wonder exactly what that means?  Pre order prices going up?  Shipping going to start now instead of July?

They are being really bad about their plans for it vs. their messaging. Yesterday they said "last day!!!" while their countdown timer showed three days, now it is theoretically the final hours and the countdown shows 4+ days. They have never really said it was a one-time shipment, but their latest email hints that they will be "going away forever!". Will it be sold in the future, or again? Who knows, they are frequently presenting conflicting info about it.

atarixp.jpg

9 minutes ago, Mockduck said:

They are being really bad about their plans for it vs. their messaging. Yesterday they said "last day!!!" while their countdown timer showed three days, now it is theoretically the final hours and the countdown shows 4+ days. They have never really said it was a one-time shipment, but their latest email hints that they will be "going away forever!". Will it be sold in the future, or again? Who knows, they are frequently presenting conflicting info about it.

Yeah, I got the e-mail with 4 days and counting today.  Curious.  Does sound like if you miss the pre-order that you will not be able to order the carts afterwards?  I'm also really intrigued by what happened to the Adventure bundle that was up for just a short period of time.  I have many questions...  The July shipping seems to be consistent now though as that's in all the various places that used to have conflicting information.

15 minutes ago, Mockduck said:

They have never really said it was a one-time shipment, but their latest email hints that they will be "going away forever!".

Back into the "Disney (TM) Vault" forever!

• Haha 5

42 minutes ago, nadir said:

Yeah, I got the e-mail with 4 days and counting today.  Curious.  Does sound like if you miss the pre-order that you will not be able to order the carts afterwards?  I'm also really intrigued by what happened to the Adventure bundle that was up for just a short period of time.  I have many questions...  The July shipping seems to be consistent now though as that's in all the various places that used to have conflicting information.

Yeah, at face value it sounds like this is your only chance to get them, but you'd think if that were the case they would have said something before its final days.

So, I bought the "standard edition" and at the time I could have sworn it was claimed that this would be the version offered long-term. At the time it was shipping BEFORE the Limited Editions because they were the ones that would arrive before Christmas (although that claim seems insincere at best, given the immediate delay.) So, at this point both versions are now the "limited edition", one just has more stuff. The whole thing has been a real mess, hopefully they sort their messaging out soon. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jgkspsx said:

One thing I’ve learned is that eventually everything is a limited edition.

I am looking forward to getting my two. (I already got the superior Saboteur release from Al.) Next month is fine by me. I wonder what the next two will be.

Very true.  Live long enough and the things that seem so common they will be around forever are one day gone and you wonder when it even happened!

Yeah, I'm real curious about the next 2 as well.  Still looking forward to the 1 I ordered showing up, hopefully just half a year late.  :D

• Like 1