IGNORED

VCS Rpg?

phuzaxeman

3 hours ago, Chris Brockman said:

I am baffled as to why Atari has not done anything with the Adventure IP.

Now that would be a re-release, similar to what they're doing with FoodFight, I could get behind. Also, Swordquest comes to mind as another series full of potential. Huge cult following and fascinating gameplay for its time.

Edited by Atarick

No real RPG yet.  There are a few holes in the catalog that Atari needs to fill and RPG is one of them.  I agree that Adventure could be a good one for a re-imagining.  Hopefully they have something in the works to that end.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, joeatari1 said:

No real RPG yet.  There are a few holes in the catalog that Atari needs to fill and RPG is one of them.  I agree that Adventure could be a good one for a re-imagining.  Hopefully they have something in the works to that end.

RPG

Sports

Classic shoot 'em up (Bite the Bullet will serve this niche a bit)

A really killer fighting game or other head to head game perfect for multiple players. 

• Like 1

Atari are always open to proposals from developers, so if you know of one, it's worth contacting the developer and
giving them some information. (Basically just the Atari developer-page should be enough, if they're at all interested.)
https://www.atarivcs.com/developer/
I contacted a couple of developers myself, asking if they might release their Linux-based adventure/RPG for the VCS.

One publisher I know said he'd be very interested in having the game on the VCS, but the developer "is not very responsive"
to new ideas. I've heard developers who build for Unity, not wanting to build for Linux, so that's always a first obstacle.
It's not that it's difficult to target Linux, instead of Windows, now that tools like Unity, GameMaker, Godot are in use...
Some developers always seem to focus on the "next big win" (which usually never comes) rather than sell what they have.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Something that could be really cool would be an RPG that has all of Atari's IP's in it, sort of a "Mario RPG" style game, with the whole cast of characters. The Centipede, The pilot of the Asteroids ship, Bentley Bear, Black Widow, the Adventure block man, the Ninja from Ninja Golf, you get the idea.  Just a late night thought I had.

• Like 2