janzh

Fast Assembler

22 minutes ago, flashjazzcat said:

None of that addresses the question I asked in any way. And U1MB already has a flash-lock.

Hi Jon. I hope you are having a great day. Everyone that has read this post https://atariage.com/forums/topic/327777-fast-assembler/?do=findComment&comment=5005325 I jumped on Jon hard in an open POST. I made a mistake and I am sorry for that.  I have written many programs for the Atari and I have had that happen many times in the past. This is why I responded the way I did. It was still wrong of me. Jon and I have have been swapping emails and have that resolved.

With the U1Meg wanting a hardware lock and a battery backed up ramdisk disk is a request should new board be made. This is not a bug fix in software or hardware with the U1Meg.   I Guess I must really like the U1Meg I have 7 of them. I would not have 7 of them if there was a problem with it.

Jon I know from your U-Tube video that the Rapidos has problems. Do you think there will be a fix for it?  I have very high hopes for that.  I would have liked to have added a high speed 816 to my Multiplexer Master. At the moment my multiplexer master uses U1Meg, Side 2, Vbxe, KRH, R-Time 8, and Duel Pokey upgrade. I really need a processor speed boost in the Multiplexer Master. I think I will just try and see if I can get that from  just the RapiDos, RTime 8, and KRH.

Jon and everyone else have a great and happy day.

1 minute ago, Stephen J Carden said:

I made a mistake and I am sorry for that.

Thanks Steve. Let's forget about it.

1 minute ago, Stephen J Carden said:

With the U1Meg wanting a hardware lock and a battery backed up ramdisk disk is a request should new board be made.

Politely, for the third time: U1MB has a flash lock already. As for battery-backed RAM: I don't think that's especially useful now that we have easy access to massive hard disk partitions which are generally faster than RAMdisks, but there's always TurboFreezer for those who want such functionality (and I'm sure you have one of those).

3 minutes ago, Stephen J Carden said:

Jon I know from your U-Tube video that the Rapidos has problems. Do you think there will be a fix for it? 

I doubt it, frankly, unless some accidental discovery is made. It's taken a number of years for most of the issues to be acknowledged and documented, and that's before any coordinated attempt is made to resolve them (which would likely require close cooperation between hardware designers, which has absolutely not happened to the best of my knowledge).

Have a good day, Steve.

On 2/16/2022 at 4:32 AM, flashjazzcat said:

None of that addresses the question I asked in any way. And U1MB already has a flash-lock.

I gave you the wrong e-mail out because a typo.     "SJCarden7a  @  Gmail.com   

Take care!

Steve