IGNORED

Wanted! Your common Mattel Intellivision carts (w/screw or not)

Rev

6 hours ago, Mik's Arcade said:

cool....let me know how it goes, I'm curious to know how many they have and what they are selling them for.  It has to be cheap, like under a buck per cartridge. I know they don't have any rare gems, just basic ones.

They have around 50. Ranging from a few bucks up to 10. 

• Haha 1

On 12/8/2021 at 6:42 PM, Intymike said:

If now only someone would do new shells for these old PCBs ripped out of their old shells. ;) 

Besides the shells used by Joe (and others?), has anyone looked into options for making new shells? Is it too cost prohibitive? Over at the Atari 8-bit forum, I know that @Sikor recently has had a run and resold to many different parties including Albert I think. Sure, if getting old carts for $3 each to reuse the shell is too much to make it profitable, I suppose making new ones would too.

I think the pandemic decimated the cheap game market.  I collect Wii and used to buy a bunch from GameStop when they were $1-4 each.  Between GameStop's crazy sales and the influence of the pandemic, they sold almost everything...Wii, WiiU, Xbox360, PS3.  I saw people (resellers) grabbing entire shelves of commons and buying during the 4 for $10 and B2B1 sales.  The same thing happened to commons for NES, Atari, Intellivision, Sega, etc at retro game stores.  Meanwhile, eBay now has tons of commons and they aren't cheap, sooo.....

Edited by JasonlikesINTV
Autocorrect

8 hours ago, carlsson said:

Over at the Atari 8-bit forum, I know that @Sikor recently has had a run and resold to many different parties including Albert I think.

If Intelivision has same shells as 2600, why not?

I have it in stock (ok, black will be for 2-3 weeks, most of actual set will be sent to USA for week or two...)

Unfortunately Intellivision cartridges are slightly more narrow than Atari 8-bit, but they are somewhat similar in size. The C64 is somewhere in between in thickness. I saw that you're selling A8 shells for $8.50 each to AA members, $9 outside which perhaps is too much if one is looking to keep costs down to a minimum, but I also see that it probably isn't possible to manufacture for less unless you reach grotesque volumes. For something like the LTO Flash! which is so advanced and commands a price well over $100, having a $2 or $10 shell makes very little difference but for a cheaper game cartridge it would eat into the margins.

Also I have a feeling that most pre-crash video games are far more common in America, which results in abundance of common carts that can be had for cheap. Personally I doubt I would ever find even the most common Intellivision game loose for less than ~$3 and that would be a lucky slump. Probably starting around ~$5-6 for the most common cartridges is more in line which what I could expect, if I found any games at all.