IGNORED

New Lynx game - Z.A.P.

Igor

Zzzzzz zzz zzzz ZOMBIES! Protect your fortress from the onslaught of zombies headed your way. Put each zombie at peace. Stop zombies attacking people. You can't rest until all zombies are perished!

Z.A.P. was a game made for the Atari Gamer's annual LynxJam 2021 edition. It's a tower defence style game where waves of zombies approach your fortress. 

The game jam version features a continuous attack arcade mode, with a story mode planned for the future.

Game instructions and ROM Download from https://atarigamer.itch.io/zap

ZAP.gif.936d0f9d7e5629f7e1d6114f9451570e.gif

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

On 12/13/2021 at 5:32 PM, Igor said:

Thank you all! I've spent many hours trying to balance it, I still think it's not quite how I want it to be, but that's what I'll work on next year in the full version. ?‍♂️

My son really enjoyed it, however he did get to the point that he could keep going as long as he wanted... He stopped and handed it back to me when he broke 1000 ;-)   I could see that being fixed with some nastier zombies that come in on later levels. Speaking of which, having waves or levels would complement that concept, and also give you a bit of a pause between waves, as well as a spot for an intermission/animation between waves.

• Like 2

Thanks for sharing @bhall408 - that's an impressive setup, you do still have to keep an eye on the structural integrity of all your structures, I guess it would be quite easy with all those power stations though. I'll definitely be expanding this game next year to include more zombies and a better wave system. Thanks for the feedback ?

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing Z.A.P. on tomorrow's ZPH stream LIVE on Twitch, hope you can join us!

Games:

• Nutmeg (2019 | Lynx) by Retroguru / Gisberto Rondinella @Nop90 / Shahzad Sahaib @Kojote (Project Management, Production) / Krzysztof Matys "Koyot1222" , Adam Moley "wecanrewind", Jonathan Dodd  "dulcahn" (GFX design) / Roland Voss @Triace, Johan Letfors "Vedder"(Music), Giada Rondinella, Daniele Rondinella (Level Design)
  • Black Pit (2021 | Lynx) by Frédéric Descharmes @Fadest
  • Z.A.P. (2021 | Lynx) by Igor Kromin @Igor

WATCH IN 1080P60 FOR BEST QUALITY

• Like 1