IGNORED

Succeeded in capturing video and sound from real hardware

xahmol

Getting there with capturing video and sound from my real hardware, see Youtube video below of the Don't mess with Texas demo.

I still have some SCART signal interference that bugs me, but for now can not get it better than this (use the Italian PAL output to SCART converter, which for some reason always gave fine picture but recently. So guess I have some new interference somewhere against which that cable is not shielded).

Equipment used:

- real hardware TI-99/4a PAL version with FinalGROM99, 1MB SAMS card, TIPI and Speech Synthesizer;

- SCART RGB Interface PHA2037-mini for TI-99/4A EU PAL version ( https://www.ti99iuc.it/web/index.php?pageid=172&pagina=FleaMarket&sezione=5 )

- Lotharek Hydra 2 Revised SCART switcher to switch between my retros and to be able to send signal to both my CRT as my capture solution at the same time ( https://lotharek.pl/productdetail.php?id=290 )

- Framemeister xRGB mini to convert and upscale to 1080p 50Hz HDMI ( https://solarisjapan.com/collections/micomsoft/products/eu-tax-free-xrgb-mini-framemeister-compact-up-scaler-unit-eur-scart-adapter )

- Elgato Camlink 4K to capture HDMI signal to PC

- OBS software to record

Any tips to further improve are welcome ;-) just consider though I have a PAL system, not an NTSC one.

• Like 10

11 hours ago, RXB said:

Pic of the set up and gear?

Not sure what you mean, you suggest other gear?

(in that case, mind that the same gear also caters my Commodore 128D, Oric Atmos and ZX Spectrum)

Edit: see now you write pic not pick…. ?so assume you are asking for a picture of the gear (sorry, no native speaker here….)

Will try, but as my room is very full by lack of space think part of the gear probably does not show well on a picture. Will try anyway.

Edited by xahmol
  • Like 1

Some pictures (and sorry for the mess, as said, serious lack of space):

Wide shot of my complete retro setup (at least the connected part). It shows the TI outputting to both my CRT as to the OBS software on my Windows 11 PC (it also shows my other connected retro computers: from left to right an Ultimate64, a Commodore 128D stacked on top of a Commodore 128DCR with a Commodore 1084S-D1 monitor on top, an Oric Atmos and a ZX Spectrum 128 'Toastrack' above my TI-99/4a).

B63110FC-7319-4994-9F82-2B3598BAC602.jpeg

Close-up of my TI-99/4a. Photo also shows the RGB to SCART adapter (upper left corner showing the blue light from the power on light), the Framemeiser xRGB Mini that does the conversion to HDMI of the SCART signal and my TI gear: the FinalGROM99, the Speech Synthesizer, and the TIPI with 1MB SAMS card combo.

E55F7EBB-234F-4CD2-9F15-E7F2355B18DE.jpeg

Finally a close-up of the Lotharek Hydra 2 that makes that I do not need to switch SCART cables all the time between the Oric, Spectrum and TI, and also enables that output to go to the CRT and the Framemeister at the same time. Luckily, on one SCART input it has a switch to add synch signal so the Framemeister can handle, so that port is the only one that can handle my TI signal. The Oric and Spectrum are fine on any port.

28B3B0A0-9BA7-4A7A-B44B-713E9C0D2BF0.jpeg

Edited by xahmol
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2