IGNORED

ABBUC magazine 147

pps

4 hours ago, scottinNH said:

Last question - does membership give you access to back issue PDFs?

I intend to subscribe regardless of the answer ? Just curious.

At the moment issues 140, 141, 142, 143, 146 and 147 are available in English. We are working on issues 144 and 145 now. There are no plans to translate even older issues, but we will translate future issues. All PDFs can be downloaded from the Abbuc website (restricted area for members only).

• Like 2

On 2/5/2022 at 4:07 PM, Mr Robot said:

Spent the afternoon stuffing envelopes, Sadly not all the disks had labels so some people will be getting unlabelled disks but I think they are all the right ones.

Disappointing number of expired memberships (the expiry date is written on your envelope next to your membership number) 

I'll be getting stamps during a lunch break this week and mailing out shortly after. 

I may be behind as well, I think I tried to pay last year and ran into issues working out how on the website, I think someone gave me an address to send my renewal, but I don't recall if I did or not. I think I've been a member for 3 years now, and I had issues both time I tried to renew. But this was during the whole leadership transition and a lot of stuff getting redone, etc, I did just recently go to the ABBUC site again and try to find where I can renew, but there wasn't even an English translation option so I was lost. Recently I've been busy with personal family issues of life and death so hadn't looked into it further. But I was starting to think my magazines and disks had been cut off, because my last issue was 145 that I had received It's good to hear that they were only recently sent to individuals (a couple of week now I guess, but it's President's day here in the states, no mail, and I bet it will show up tomorrow!

Edited by Gunstar

@Gunstar - You can find the information here:

https://abbuc.de/mitglieder/

Towards the bottom of the page, you'll see text in both German and English

Here are the relevant portions of the page:

The member fee for international members is 32,00€ per year, due to higher shipping cost. It contains the cost for the quarterly magazine with disk.

You have to apply for membership in written form (snail mail to the Club´s headquarters or email to vorstand@abbuc.de). A corresponding email should begin the subject with „[ABBUC membership]“ and contain the written will to join the club and a complete postal address. The application form is being updated with this website and will be available soon. Until then, a letter or email as stated above is sufficient.

PayPal: paypal.me/abbucev (Achtung, Gebühren können anfallen! / Attention, fees may apply). Since I assume you're in the US, I didn't think the bank transfer option would work for you.

Normally, I pay for two years at a time to minimize the hassle.

Bob C

• Like 1

15 hours ago, darwinmac said:

@Fred_M - I assume there are still problems with the ABBUC website download area. When you mentioned issue #147 was finished, I was hoping that meant it was on the website.

Bob C

Sadly, the problems are not solved yet. I am sorry that you thought it was already published on the website.

I hope @Mr Robot can find some time to help us.

18 hours ago, darwinmac said:

The member fee for international members is 32,00€ per year, due to higher shipping cost. It contains the cost for the quarterly magazine with disk.

You have to apply for membership in written form (snail mail to the Club´s headquarters or email to vorstand@abbuc.de). A corresponding email should begin the subject with „[ABBUC membership]“ and contain the written will to join the club and a complete postal address. The application form is being updated with this website and will be available soon. Until then, a letter or email as stated above is sufficient.

PayPal: paypal.me/abbucev (Achtung, Gebühren können anfallen! / Attention, fees may apply). Since I assume you're in the US, I didn't think the bank transfer option would work for you.

Bob C

Thank you very much! Also, as I predicted yesterday, my magazines and disks did in fact show up today! Thanks guys for letting all of us over-due reprobates not get cut off from the nectar of the gods!

I will pay up tomorrow when I actually get paid as it does still have a 2021-07-31 membership date on it!  And yes, I'll go ahead and pay for two years this time too.

20220222_132309.thumb.jpg.9ec2048c185ff9d9b2cb810f769804b3.jpg

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Gunstar said:

Thank you very much! Also, as I predicted yesterday, my magazines and disks did in fact show up today! Thanks guys for letting all of us over-due reprobates not get cut off from the nectar of the gods!

I will pay up tomorrow when I actually get paid as it does still have a 2021-07-31 membership date on it!  And yes, I'll go ahead and pay for two years this time too.

20220222_132309.thumb.jpg.9ec2048c185ff9d9b2cb810f769804b3.jpg

Got my package in yesterday.  The envelope was a bit ratty, but everything else inside was good.  Seems the pay up slowness disease is catching.  I checked the membership expiration date and I seem to have caught it.  I'm a few months behind too.   ?  Paid up now for two years, well really a year and a half now.......

Need to get a red alert reminder program installed on my pc.  Seems I'm a little behind on some other things too.....?

• Like 2

On 2/21/2022 at 6:43 PM, darwinmac said:

Bob C

Well, I tried going to Paypal and paying up my dues, but Paypal will not accept paypal.me/abbucev as a valid address....so still the same issues for me as always trying to pay dues!

20220223_072103.thumb.jpg.00062522cb60563b331f756dec9f5804.jpg

Edited by Gunstar

Of course! I have to do it a different way than ANY other Paypal payment I have EVER made!

Just to be clear, this: Paypal.me@abbucev and entering this in the address bar: https://www.paypal/paypalme/abbucev are two completely different things. So please ABBUC guys, give us what works!

OK, FINALLY all payed up for two years!

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Gunstar said:

Just to be clear, this: Paypal.me@abbucev

Nah, the text reads paypal.me/abbucev which is an URL. If you enter it this way in your browser, you get redirected to what I show in my screenshot.

;)

I propsed on the ABBUC forum to add https:// in front of the URL to make it more clear.

Edited by DjayBee
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I understand that now, but I have never entered a URL to pay via paypal before, so I didn't comprehend that. I have only ever payed by using an e-mail, or number or whatever Paypal accepts in the "send money" option, or, shops and sites have direct links you either click on or just automatically take you too when you select the "pay" button (and take you to a paypal site like the ABBUCC address). I've never been required to use a URL to get to a page to pay before (in 15+ years being a Paypal user). But I doped it out when I entered the full address above and then realized there was no period (.) in between Paypal and me. Now I know and maybe I won't have further issue, but that's a year and a half away now. As the saying goes, "you learn something new everyday." Thanks for all the help getting me through my ignorance guys! I think this was the issue the last time I attempted to pay dues too, but at the time @skrjust gave me his personal email to pay through and it was never explained to me.

Edited by Gunstar

1 hour ago, Gunstar said:

I understand that now, but I have never entered a URL to pay via paypal before, so I didn't comprehend that. I have only ever payed by using an e-mail, or number or whatever Paypal accepts in the "send money" option, or, shops and sites have direct links you either click on or just automatically take you too when you select the "pay" button (and take you to a paypal site like the ABBUCC address). I've never been required to use a URL to get to a page to pay before (in 15+ years being a Paypal user). But I doped it out when I entered the full address above and then realized there was no period (.) in between Paypal and me. Now I know and maybe I won't have further issue, but that's a year and a half away now. As the saying goes, "you learn something new everyday." Thanks for all the help getting me through my ignorance guys! I think this was the issue the last time I attempted to pay dues too, but at the time @skrjust gave me his personal email to pay through and it was never explained to me.

Sorry to quote myself people, but this situation has actually made me realize just how soft I've let my brain get, specifically when using the PC. I've gotten so lazy with point and click and using GUI version of apps that work also via command line, etc. It's time for me to make a change. I use to use MS-DOS like I do SpartaDOS on my Atari still, and back in the 90's I worked for a company (forget the name) out in SoCal for about a year and we used UNIX and XENIX machines to create auto manufacturer part catalogs on tape for dealers, with updates to part numbers and prices and new parts. Then at a dealer show where we were handing out addendum tapes I was asked by the owner of the logistics company doing the show to come work for him traveling and doing shows, that payed a lot more. So I haven't used Unix/Xenix now for 25 years and MS-DOS for years either. I'm going to start using them and quit be lazy pointing and clicking. HTTP address bars are still essentially just like DOS or UNIX command lines too...

Edited by Gunstar

On 2/22/2022 at 10:17 AM, Fred_M said:

Sadly, the problems are not solved yet. I am sorry that you thought it was already published on the website.

I hope @Mr Robot can find some time to help us.

I'm going to try to get to all the abbuc emails I've been too busy to read this weekend but Saturday has already been lost because my wife's 20 year old car just died and we are now going around the dealers at the worst possible time to buy a car, looking to buy a car. Most of last weekend was spent on a hospital emergency.

• Thanks 2

Hello guys

On 2/23/2022 at 2:50 PM, DjayBee said:

I proposed on the ABBUC forum to add https:// in front of the URL to make it more clear.

Did that and put a link under it, so you just have to click it to go to the right place.

Sincerely

Mathy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...

The English translation of issue 147 is available now for Abbuc members: https://abbuc.de/mitglieder/downloadbereich/download-magazine-deutsch-2/download-magazine-deutsch/download-magazin-147-disks-papierbeilage/ (Link only works for members who are logged in!)

Issue 144 is almost finished and will be added in a couple of days.

Enjoy!

issue147.thumb.png.1cf67d1200885fe2076023de3cb9281b.png issue144.thumb.png.0c50947e690455881e56381d1ed35436.png

Edited by Fred_M
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 2/19/2022 at 5:02 PM, scottinNH said:

#1 thing is to file a complaint at your local post office.

I had a DIMPLOMA folded, and filed a complaint.

I learned it wasn't one of the regular postal workers I've gotten to know over the years. ALL drivers are being squeezed like they work for Amazon, but substitutes/temps don't even know the route, yet still have to make time quota on a route with house numbers out-of-order. Shove and go, or get fired. The regulars have time to pause and read the outside of large envelopes (I work from home, and I see it). The delivery rates cost less than a bottle of  water.

If this kind of management makes people want to use alternatives, or if it sounds like a recipe to burn people out, you would be correct.

Thanks @Fred_Mfor the preview. This looks pretty good! ? 

Bad experience with UK Amazon drivers, if it makes you feel any better. 

Ordered a book for my 79 year old, widowed mother, rang to see what she thought of it, told it hadn't arrived. 

Odd, delivery status showed last Tuesday. 

?

Logged in, order said item passed onto a receptionist... ehh? 

Then.. Item put under wheelbarrow plant pot. 

I had the poor soul go out and look, there it was, shoved in under what's being used as a big flowerbed, been out in the English weather for past 6 days. 

She was in all day, both front doors have working doorbells and she always hears them and people knocking. 

I feel sorry for the drivers, they are being pushed too far, drop and go. 

Nobody has time for an elderly lady to reach the door, open it and take parcel. 

The English translation of issue 147 is available now for Abbuc members: https://abbuc.de/mitglieder/downloadbereich/download-magazine-deutsch-2/download-magazine-deutsch/download-magazin-147-disks-papierbeilage/ (Link only works for members who are logged in!)

Issue 144 is almost finished and will be added in a couple of days.

Enjoy!

issue147.thumb.png.1cf67d1200885fe2076023de3cb9281b.png issue144.thumb.png.0c50947e690455881e56381d1ed35436.png
So happy these are coming out in English now!!!

Sent from my KB2005 using Tapatalk

• Like 2