IGNORED

So excited that tomorrow I get to go into my friends attic for his Jaguar stuff

The Helper

Atari didn't need to design these things to work past 5 years since they were theoretically shooting to replace it with the next console by then. Frankly I think the jag holds up very well in the grand scheme of things compared to other consoles as long as the cart slot pins dont get mangled out of shape by an overzealous owner or incorrectly sized cart.

Edited by sirlynxalot
  • Like 3

On 2/12/2022 at 8:14 PM, Djmicklovin said:

Why do people keep stuff up in a hot attic or a damp, cold basement where it can get ruined? 

I'm guessing that is due to the lack of other suitable storage space. 

I used to store a very large quantity of books (and video games) in the basement of my Parent's house. I would have much preferred to have everything upstairs in climate controlled conditions, but they wanted to have furniture in their Living Room instead. (Happily everything survived and it is all now in a better, albeit less accessible, storage facility.)  

He said he cancelled because he had some OSHA training for his job he forgot about.  I am thinking the reason he stored it in his attic is because that is the only place he has for storage.  Dude had 3 kids and lots of hobbies.  His little garage area is stacked high full of shit I can't imagine what the attic looks like.  I always stored all my stuff in my closet.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
1 hour ago, cubanismo said:

Hehe, what a jerk. This thread is the biggest let down of 2022. Besides that claim that some ST port provides pizza and fast cars. And that Jaguar mini being a hoax. And... Nevermind.

*MY* pizza arrived.  Not my fault yours didn't :P

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, The Helper said:

Dude blew me off.  Come to find out he was just using it as an excuse so he did not have to do any of his weekend chores and drink.  Eventually I will get up there and will deliver.

So by my count this has not happened 3x now? Is this friend of yours on the level?

16 hours ago, The Helper said:

Dude blew me off.  Come to find out he was just using it as an excuse so he did not have to do any of his weekend chores and drink.  Eventually I will get up there and will deliver.

Are we not doing phrasing anymore?.....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

• 1 year later...

So there is an update on this :)  I got the full Jaguar and CD plus all the power supplies and cables necessary except for one thing... the CD lid is all fucked up.  It will close if I work it but there is definitely something wrong with the cd tray lid top.  The CD unit is all dusted up too I think I have a project here.

thumbnail.thumb.jpg.53b7cfc22befa67c0b4ee1a7929dcb91.jpg

Edited by The Helper
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/12/2022 at 5:43 PM, sirlynxalot said:

Atari didn't need to design these things to work past 5 years since they were theoretically shooting to replace it with the next console by then. Frankly I think the jag holds up very well in the grand scheme of things compared to other consoles as long as the cart slot pins dont get mangled out of shape by an overzealous owner or incorrectly sized cart.

Had atari jaguar/cd since 97, in that time my game cube died in 4 yrs, wii cd drive died 15 yrs, Xbox died after 3 yrs, I lost one 360 after 6months red ring replaced by Microsoft, author took 10 yrs to die, original nes, still works, but needed a extra cart on top of the cart to work.

I have 3 jaguar systems and a jaguar cd never an issue out of any of them.

• Like 2

On 9/2/2023 at 7:33 AM, The Helper said:

So there is an update on this :)  I got the full Jaguar and CD plus all the power supplies and cables necessary except for one thing... the CD lid is all fucked up.  It will close if I work it but there is definitely something wrong with the cd tray lid top.  The CD unit is all dusted up too I think I have a project here.

thumbnail.thumb.jpg.53b7cfc22befa67c0b4ee1a7929dcb91.jpg

If you need it Crossface gaming in the US can service either one of those.

https://crossfacegaming.com/

• Like 1