IGNORED

Alexa, which is the best game for the Atari Jaguar...?

LS650

A few days ago, I received an Echo Show 5 from Amazon.  It's a desktop device that responds to voice commands addressed to Amazon's answer to Siri, 'Alexa'.  I asked Alexa what it considers the best game for the Atari Jaguar.  I must admit I was pleasantly surprised by its answer....

20220109_170125.jpg

• Like 11

It surprised me because (a) it referenced AtariAge, and (b) it specifically mentions Skyhammer, which, while I agree it is a good example of what the Jaguar can do, is fairly obscure and not the first game I would have thought of.  When I asked the question, I expected Tempest 2000, Alien vs. Predator, or maybe DOOM.

• Like 1

It's not necessarily that surprising if you think about it:

- Skyhammer is a Jaguar exclusive, while there are Tempest, AvP, and DOOM games on various systems (not the same versions of course, but I'm not sure a search engine would understand the difference that well)

- I see a lot more threads about underrated games (like Battlemorph currently) than about great games, which makes sense. Of course games like DOOM are discussed a lot here because of homebrew ports and stuff, but you don't see threads about DOOM being a good game, because (almost) everyone already agrees I guess.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ls650 said:

A few days ago, I received an Echo Show 5 from Amazon.  It's a desktop device that responds to voice commands addressed to Amazon's answer to Siri, 'Alexa'.  I asked Alexa what it considers the best game for the Atari Jaguar.  I must admit I was pleasantly surprised by its answer....

20220109_170125.jpg

Skyhammer? Really? I think you should ask for a refund. ?

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, RREDDWARFF said:

Skyhammer? Really? I think you should ask for a refund. ?

Yeah, I'm kind of curious where that actually came from on AtariAge.  I'm guessing it's from a forum thread, as the entry for Skyhammer in the AtariAge database doesn't even have a description, and the store entry doesn't say anything about it being "one of the Jaguar's best games..."  Let me search...

Found it!  It's a 12 year old post from @Atari forever!:

Somewhat amusing and fascinating how it answered that question using a random post on a forum.

..Al

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1