IGNORED

Desperately Seeking Buyers (or Sleepless in Portland)

gilsaluki

I have only placed one order in my life with Ben Smith (Bravo Sierra Computers).  It was filled and shipped reasonably.  I threw him a bone back then cause I really didn't NEED the things.  Now I get pleading emails from him.  Yet, when I send an email to him about an item or two, he ignores the price and shipping requests, sometimes for weeks.  I know, I know, he's a one-man show, sick and all that.  But, his customer service is horrid.  Then when he finally gets back, his shipping rates are way out of line, two what the item cost.  I know, I know shipping is horrible all over (LGB!).  Just saying, one can be charitable, but when you get silence for a long period of time.  Then if you don't commit to that order, he gets really snippy with you via email.  "Well, are you gonna place that order or not?  If not, I will remove you from future email notices".  Then the very next week I get another, I need your help to pay my bills.  Man!   Sorry B.S., but that is annoying.  DBM. 

• Like 2

Sounds about DBM right.  More than a decade ago, he DBM pretty much single handedly ruined the copm.sys.atari.8bit DBM group with his constant spamming.  No amount DBM of asking him to stop helped DBM.  Sounds like some DBM things never change DBM.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Don't Bother Me

But yeah, Ben is a little off, but he has some great deals sometimes! I've bought quite a few things from him long distance and in-person. He once gave me a tour of his apartment. It was amazing! He had a closet full of SC1224 monitors and bed made out of Jaguar carts. I was in Atari heaven.

Edited by mattsoft

17 hours ago, mattsoft said:

Don't Bother Me

But yeah, Ben is a little off, but he has some great deals sometimes! I've bought quite a few things from him long distance and in-person. He once gave me a tour of his apartment. It was amazing! He had a closet full of SC1224 monitors and bed made out of Jaguar carts. I was in Atari heaven.

hummm. I have heard of a bed or roses (song), but how does one make a bed from Jag carts.  I will have to see that one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1