IGNORED

[[GONE]] FT - Atari MegaST 4 for 400 or 800

lifemadesimple

EDIT: Looks like all is well with the trade, thank you everyone for your kind words and interest!

Hi All!

Hoping to trade my Mega ST 4 unit for an Atari 400 or "classic"/typewriter-style 800*

I bought this off this very forum about five years ago** when I first became interested in the computer side of Atari. Unbeknownst to me, trying to enter the hobby with a Mega ST was biting off way more than I could chew. In the intervening half-decade I have not had the time, money, or space to so much as plug a keyboard into this bad boy, and its mostly just sat on a shelf making me feel guilty and sad.

To that end, I'm hoping to swap it for something that is probably going to be a bit more in my wheel house - trading my formula one car for a good ol' prius, if you will. From keeping an eye on this forum and other auction sites I'm 90% sure that I'm offering a good deal here, but if I'm missing some nuance and this is the worst trade offer you've ever seen then I'm sorry and can retool it. Don't really care about the money, just looking to give it a good home and ideally start my Atari computer journey again, for real this time.

Unit powered on when I got it and has been sitting on a shelf ever since. There's always been a light rattling inside, sounds like a small piece of plastic; I've never stripped it down enough to know for sure. I'm attaching pretty much every picture I can think to take since I won't be able to answer many questions intelligently. If there's some specific test or picture you'd like, ask and I'll do my best to help out (just bear in mind that I have absolutely no other Atari ST components).

Shipping ideally limited to just the continental United States, or if you live in the DC area we could probably negotiate an in person swap. I imagine the shipping costs for a 400/800 and a mega st 4 more or less cancel out. It would be awesome if the other computer was tested/working. If interested, hit me up with a couple pics of the unit, any parts or cables I would need to source myself, etc. Anywho, thanks for looking and hopefully someone here can give my ST a better home than I could!

- Chris

* Computer negotiable. Looking for something 8-bit, late-70's, idiot proof/friendly, and/or "aesthetically interesting" (so my SO won't have to explain to her friends why the hell we have an old computer sitting on our living room shelves)

** I've bought a couple things off here many years ago and can dig through paypal receipts for usernames if you'd like references!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Edited by lifemadesimple
  • Like 2