IGNORED

ICD Catbox Order Around February 1997 - Fulfillment Experience?

Kurtois

Bottom Line:
Can anyone out there recall what their Catbox order experience was like with ICD that may have placed an order around the February 1997 time frame? 

Verbose Mode Enabled:
When Kaybee Toys began carrying the Atari Jaguar at a clearance price of around $20 in late 1996, early 1997, as I recall, I started looking into what I could all purchase for the new console. I found talk of the networking capability of the Jaguar and discovered the Catbox by ICD. I called the 800 number they had and spoke with who I think was Tom (Thomas?) Harker. If my memory serves me, I recall him cautioning me that it was going to take a while for me to get fulfillment of my order, which I think was for 2x Catbox units. I did not mind waiting. Well, I am not sure I ever received the product. I also am thinking that my credit card was charged. 

I sent a message to Kay Sevetz of the 'ANTIC The Atari 8-bit Podcast' inquiring about getting in touch with Mr. Harker as there is an interview they did with him in 2016. Kay was prompt to reply and said he had not contacted him in six years. He also mentioned the address he had for Mr. Harker did not work anymore.

Goal?
Why I am bringing this up? I just wanted to satisfy my curiosity. I wondered if others experienced good service with ICD around the early 1997 time frame, or if they encountered charges for products that they did not receive.

On 1/26/2022 at 2:23 PM, Mitch said:

It is pretty well known that ICD never fulfilled their last orders. It sounds like you were part of that group.

Mitch

Yup, a lot of people got stiffed on their CatBox orders. Considering the amount of time that has passed, I think it's safe to assume that no further CatBoxes will be shipped, nor will anyone receive refunds. </obviousmodeoff>

• Like 1

PeterG - Wow! Thank you for linking me to that thread. Very helpful.

All - I appreciate everyone chiming in on this topic! Please continue to do so, if you know more.

I am located in St. Louis, MO. Perhaps one day, I may try to visit with Tom Harker in Rockford, IL and ask about this situation. 

2 hours ago, Kurtois said:

PeterG - Wow! Thank you for linking me to that thread. Very helpful.

All - I appreciate everyone chiming in on this topic! Please continue to do so, if you know more.

I am located in St. Louis, MO. Perhaps one day, I may try to visit with Tom Harker in Rockford, IL and ask about this situation. 

Let's Go Blues!

- Olney, Illinois resident