IGNORED

New to Fujinet , just some questions

dsullo

Hey All

i just got my fujinet 1.6 and skittles today. Within 5 minutes , I was loading up games. Truly mind blowing to play old games over the internet on an old Atari 800XL

I played most games smoothly but ran into a few minor issue and questions.  If an experienced user can help that would be awesome

1.  Do I need to turn the system off everytime I want to end a game and try to mount a different game?

2.  When I played castle wolfenstein , I killed the first 2 nazis in room 1 and used the stairs to the next room and it seemed to freeze.  Do games occasionally freeze? 

3. Beyond castle wolfenstein loaded and I chose joystick mode and then it gave an error and went back to the main title screen.  I should have written down the error message.

4. ultima 3 loaded and then asked me to swap to the scenario disk which is in the directory with the startup disk, just not sure how to swap it.

otherwise the device is truly magnificent and worth the price. 

10 hours ago, dsullo said:

1.  Do I need to turn the system off everytime I want to end a game and try to mount a different game?

To get back into CONFIG you must reset the FujiNet. You can also change mounts from the webui by pointing your browser to http://fujinet or http://ip.address.of.your.fujinet

10 hours ago, dsullo said:

4. ultima 3 loaded and then asked me to swap to the scenario disk which is in the directory with the startup disk, just not sure how to swap it.

You can mount the disks needed for a game into the disk drive slots (in order) and press button A to swap/rotate through disks when the game requests a different disk. SAM will tell you that the disk has been swapped and which disk is now in drive 1.

• Like 1

On 2/20/2022 at 12:25 AM, dsullo said:

For question 1 , I don’t want to reconfig the unit.  Just let’s say I load jumpman and now want to load and play something else.  I have to power off the 800xl and power it back on right?  No other option ?

Assuming you're powering the unit entirely from the computer, yes.

If you're powering the unit externally, you'll need to tap the reset button on the FujiNet to get back into CONFIG.

-Thom