IGNORED

Kombinera - (in VCS Store)

SabertoothRetro

Here's the official site: https://www.atari.com/games/kombinera/

What I like most about the IGN article is this quote from Wade Rosen:

"We are in an interesting moment in the lifespan of Atari," he says. "It is an iconic brand that has a natural place in pop culture as much as it does games. Atari appears in film, television, art, music and fashion — and it feels natural. It belongs. Yet, despite the brand's roots in video games, today’s Atari has less presence and less relevancy in gaming culture. You might say the brand is out of balance. A modern Atari will find that balance, where its role in gaming culture is in parity with its role in pop culture."

Encouraging.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, SabertoothRetro said:

Here's the official site: https://www.atari.com/games/kombinera/

What I like most about the IGN article is this quote from Wade Rosen:

"We are in an interesting moment in the lifespan of Atari," he says. "It is an iconic brand that has a natural place in pop culture as much as it does games. Atari appears in film, television, art, music and fashion — and it feels natural. It belongs. Yet, despite the brand's roots in video games, today’s Atari has less presence and less relevancy in gaming culture. You might say the brand is out of balance. A modern Atari will find that balance, where its role in gaming culture is in parity with its role in pop culture."

Encouraging.

Glad to see Atari finally finding it's way again with new leadership after being tossed around for decades without any sort of vision. Wade Rosen seems committed to the VCS so hopefully we can get a few more years out of it.

Edited by Djmicklovin
  • Like 5

I am very excited to learn about Kombinera. First new IP from Atari in years. Great to see that new content is in the works. Also it is encouraging to read "But Kombinera is the first new IP to come out of this initiative, and according to Rosen, the first of many to come". Very excited to see that Atari is moving forward and creating the new content that they need to make the Atari VCS a success.

Atari has the right picked the person for CEO the job when they put Wade Rosen at the helm. This article is show a very candid and honest assessment of Atari at present .

Reading this I feel that Wade Rosen does care growing the Atari brand is honest about this challenges to get there. Quote (https://www.ign.com/articles/atari-unveils-puzzle-platformer-kombinera) He says that in the coming months and years, we can expect to "see Atari collaborate with a variety of studios, from small independents to larger studios with well-established reputations." What Rosen is surprisingly candid about is Atari's place in the wider gaming consciousness in 2022. He recognizes that it isn't the same well-known company it once was with the disappearance of arcades and its move into a quieter publishing role. But he wants to change that, beginning with Kombinera: "We are in an interesting moment in the lifespan of Atari," he says. "It is an iconic brand that has a natural place in pop culture as much as it does games. Atari appears in film, television, art, music and fashion — and it feels natural. It belongs. Yet, despite the brand's roots in video games, today’s Atari has less presence and less relevancy in gaming culture. You might say the brand is out of balance. A modern Atari will find that balance, where its role in gaming culture is in parity with its role in pop culture."

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So far I’m really enjoying it, I’ve just completed chapter 1 but I’m not going to lie the difficulty ramps up from around level 17 onwards but it’s all good fun, there’s a lot of game here and for the price it’s definitely worth a pick up even if your not really into puzzle games it’ll pull you in and really get you thinking lol it’s quite addictive. I see there’s extra levels that are exclusive to the VCS to so I’d say this is version to pick up even if you own other platforms. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

To me the games an absolute masterpiece, i honestly didn’t think I’d enjoy it so much and it was a game I wasn’t really to bothered about until I started playing. It definitely can be frustrating at times, it’s one of those games that has left my brain hurting but I kept going back for more, it’s one more try again and again , trying new strategies to progress lol some of the puzzles are so well designed it’s unreal!. I don’t think I’ll be finishing the game anytime soon that’s for sure. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...