IGNORED

My latest haul of Atari related stuff

rcamp48

I just picked up a nice little haul of Atari related stuff, a couple of things that are not Atari can you spot em?

I also picked up a box of 150 floppies, looks like some of them might not be Atari disks but a lot of them might be , still its not as promising as the owner of them said they would be... and the drive cleaning disk is almost new..

WIN_20220327_20_00_31_Pro.jpg

WIN_20220327_20_00_57_Pro.jpg

WIN_20220327_20_01_43_Pro.jpg

WIN_20220327_20_03_29_Pro.jpg

WIN_20220327_20_12_51_Pro.jpg

• Like 2

@rcamp48Cool. From what I can make out those boxed Carts look in ok  condition.

I bought a haul/box of Atari software incl 5 1/4" floppies off Ebay UK last year........... Lady just snapped a pic of it with the decription "Atari disks". I took a gamble.

It arrvied and whilst there were a few Atari carts I knew about, most of the 5 1/4" disk in there were IBM PC software and data disks from her husband from the 80s and 90's. Perhaps 6 x actual non commercial Atari disks with games on them - all of which I had anyways! I have 1000's of Atari 5 1/4" floppies anyways... now I have a few more spares.

21 minutes ago, xrbrevin said:

150 disks will keep you busy for a while!

have some isopropyl alcohol handy tho - they may foul your read/write head after being in storage

@xrbrevin  ya not wrong there - might end up having to clean the drive head every few days going through all of those. I had to clean my 1050's drive head very regularly when I was looking at some of my own disks last year. Also found many disks had developed the dreaded surface mould. :_(

Edited by Beeblebrox

I got my Happy drive working both reading and writing and I have a Fujinet, is there a way to write atx files to floppy with my Happy drive ie: archiver ?? I have just about every program that is listed on Tosek, and about 50 Kwest disks to finish archiving... lots of work to do and I am getting bored with BBS stuff anyways much more worthy project... I do have some originals about 10 of them that came with that haul I picked up. You should see this guys garage , he inherited about 200 computers and software , mostly Apple stuff if anyone wants an Apple with the screen and disk drive built in.

1 minute ago, gilsaluki said:

Funny, Yep.  But, good going.

I had little choice it was a web cam and did not have a choice other than turning that light off , and yes I am having troubles writing to apple disks that are in good shape , this guy smoked and you can smell it on the disks

1 hour ago, rcamp48 said:

I got my Happy drive working both reading and writing and I have a Fujinet, is there a way to write atx files to floppy with my Happy drive ie: archiver ?? 

You might be better of using an SIO2PC(if you have one) with RespeQT, the later versions of which have Happy 1050 emulation. This would be accomplished as a Happy backup from the ATX mounted as D1: in RespeQT(with Happy emulation ON) to the Happy drive with a different ID.