IGNORED

Papa Intellivision collection for sale

Rev

The seller would be better off  selling it in individual pieces if priced somewhat realistically  , shame the collection would be broken up then. Is the KC way so much more valuable that a normal one just because David Chandler owned it , maybe double at a push but who knows. There are better conditioned kc's owned already by collectors.

I would only be interested in some of the KC tapes that are prototype or that we do not have in order for Decle to bring them to life again or the printer. 

Edited by Ron The Cat
  • Like 5

Wow...

for such a great collection, that's a whole lot of money and unfortunately, not much thought was given to what condition everything is in.  Clean it, and maybe offer it as was mentioned.. smaller individual packs. 

That's a whole lot of money to ask for something in unknown working condition and looking like it's been sitting in a dusty, hot attic.

6 hours ago, 1980gamer said:

Somehow, get those tapes to @decle

I am thinking some good stuff could be found.

I think only @cmart604 can keep this lot together ;)     

Lol. While I appreciate the provenance I just can't get the math anywhere near that lower number even. I suspect as others have said, selling this in smaller batches makes more sense and would likely result in pretty decent results but I would be shocked if someone paid the asking amount. Some of these items aren't notable at all or are in lousy shape to begin with. 

1 hour ago, Razzie.P said:

Out of curiosity, for ignorant folk like myself, approx. what $ value would this collection have were it not David Chandler's (or any other "special" named person)?  Well, the collection minus the door plate and business folio, I suppose.

The main value is all the one-of-a-kind items.  There are multiple of them in there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Rev said:

I asked them for serial numbers, still no reply.  Pretty lazy considering the price.  

It is amazing what different more rare items and common consoles that have been coming out of attics, closets, barns lately. And with ridiculous pricing! there has been a slight uptick in pricing since New Years Day, but now Sellers are pushing the envelope.

I wrote one Seller for a console only untested for $200 + shipping. I used to live in that same city 30 years ago and asked him what good stuff are they putting in the drinking water now. To my surprise, he replied asking for advice. His title said 1978 INTV 2609. I am sure they were still in pro-types that year. He also said it was a 1979 based on serial number & sticker on the bottom. I informed him they used the 1979 label thru 1982. My guess from the serial number was probably an early 1980.  His listing had enough errors that someone with no scruples could take advantage of him. And he had a 100% rating, so wanted him to keep that.

He wanted price for his console but refused. I suggested to find a way to test it and buy a coaxial adapter and game(s). That would at least get him over the $100 mark for sure. Console was pristine!

On 4/1/2022 at 9:30 AM, wolfy62 said:

I have been putting one penny a day in 5 gallon sparkletts jugs for 40 years just for a collectors dream moment like this one....?

Ummm, one penny a day for 40 years. So you're up to $146 ;)

14 hours ago, Walter Ives said:

Am I missing something here?

foo.jpg

I think the KC would go for $5K easily on its own at auction and I would guess maybe $2K for the printer for starters. The Lalanne and the Basic would both likely go for maybe $500 each as well. Some of the paperwork is pretty rare and and would go for hundreds but you're not wrong about a lot of the other more common items. The provenance of this stuff coming from Dave Chandler definitely adds to the value but I'm not sure how much. I could easily see 10-15K but it's hard to get beyond that by my math.