IGNORED

Home made silver case badges

KLund1

Hello,

I seem to have stumbled upon a good way to make imitation silver colored case badges. This would be for items that we can't find new, old, or reproductions of.

See this video at the 12:00 minute mark, and watch for about 30 seconds, and you will see what I mean. Seems like a good idea. I could do this But....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oW7EszNFmPA

So EXACTLY how did he do that?

The P-Touch looks like a P-Touch Cube. ok those are pretty easy to find. But the software? I have looked all over the P-Touch/Brother site and there is NO software for Win/Mac for the Cube. Only IOS/Android (a non-starter for me). He is obviously using a computer to make his custom label. Looks like the file extension is .lbx, and the program looks like 'express' something

SO, what combination of driver and software will work on a win10 machine with a P-Touch Cube or some other systems to easily make custom labels in windows like he does?

Thanks for some input.

Kevin you may be interested in what I did for the 1088XLD case label.

If you scroll down through the posts you find details on what I used.

To preserve it, I sprayed a clear matte finish over the label before applying it to the case. You have to be extra careful when doing this, so as not to create any crinkles. Also the surface needs to be super clean and smooth, otherwise the imperfections will easily make themselves known.

The printer label making software worked the best on a Windows machine. I tried a Linux alternative at the time, but it was painful to use. Maybe things are better now.

Edited by mytek

2 hours ago, mytek said:

Kevin you may be interested in what I did for the 1088XLD case label.

If you scroll down through the posts you find details on what I used.

To preserve it, I sprayed a clear matte finish over the label before applying it to the case. You have to be extra careful when doing this, so as not to create any crinkles. Also the surface needs to be super clean and smooth, otherwise the imperfections will easily make themselves known.

The printer label making software worked the best on a Windows machine. I tried a Linux alternative at the time, but it was painful to use. Maybe things are better now.

This is perfect. I get this and try it out!!

Many thanks!