IGNORED

Activision's "Tennis" 2600->5200 port

Wrathchild

The Rom is just the same file minus the 16 byte cartridge header, so that seems odd. When you load the Rom are you asked what model of 16KB cart is it or perhaps the emulator is making its own guess and gets it wrong?

Hopefully some other Atari800MacX users can help out.

Edited by Wrathchild

On 4/8/2022 at 1:42 PM, Wrathchild said:

The Rom is just the same file minus the 16 byte cartridge header, so that seems odd. When you load the Rom are you asked what model of 16KB cart is it or perhaps the emulator is making its own guess and gets it wrong?

Hopefully some other Atari800MacX users can help out.

open emu asked what kind of carts.  But it would not except it anyhow.

There appear to be a fair number of different 5200 "emulator" programs out there that are just not very good.  And often the problems are not with the games, but with the poorly written emulators themselves.  Problems should really be reported to the emulator authors in these cases.

The tenny5200.car does not work in OpenEmu.  Only tenny5200.rom imports.  But when I ask to import it says resolve 1 issue.  Then I checkmark tenny5200.rom and it only gives me 2 options to import.  Colecovision or Intellivision.  No 5200 option.  And I don't have the bios files for Colecovision or Intellivision.

1062985947_ScreenShot2022-04-09at11_17_26PM.thumb.png.69626db3cfbcae6ac0c303132c8c975f.png

Edited by 0078265317

4 hours ago, 0078265317 said:

The tenny5200.car does not work in OpenEmu.  Only tenny5200.rom imports.  But when I ask to import it says resolve 1 issue.  Then I checkmark tenny5200.rom and it only gives me 2 options to import.  Colecovision or Intellivision.  No 5200 option.  And I don't have the bios files for Colecovision or Intellivision.

I don't have a Mac so can't test this myself, but try renaming the .rom to .a52 and importing that. If it asks you to choose between 1-chip and 2-chip then select 1-chip (if it doesn't ask hopefully it defaults to 1-chip or is able to figure it out).

I found the import guide here: https://github.com/OpenEmu/OpenEmu/wiki/User-guide:-Importing

It associates .a52 and .bin files with the 5200 (and .rom files with ColecoVision and Intellivision which is why it was giving you those choices).