IGNORED

Wanted: Commodore SX-64

thegenerallee86

On 4/9/2022 at 4:16 PM, thegenerallee86 said:

I am looking for a Commodore SX-64 in good condition around 300 dollars.

Not going to happen for $300. These range anywhere from $400 to $700 in good working condition and that is without the shipping (which will be expensive and a lot of care needs to be made when packaging one of these).

If you can get one to your doorstep undamaged, fully functional and clean for $500 at the end of the day... consider yourself a lucky duck.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, ghost1313 said:

Hi,

Did you buy it here or some other websites? 

Bobby

I bought it here through a PM and they finally messaged me this morning and he said he had an emergency and couldn't send it yet he did tell me what the emergency was but obviously now I am a little unsure about what is going on?

Just now, ghost1313 said:

At least you got a PM, does the person have a good rating? It a good sign that he sent you a PM.

Bobby

Doesn't have rating at all and no posts either he just messaged me asking if I was still looking for a Commodore SX64 and I said yes and gave him my email, he did email me pictures of it though

Yikes, I really hope he comes through and you get what you agreed on but a member that’s only been here for a couple months just messaging you?, it sounds a little shady, again, I hope I’m wrong here but maybe in the future consider, only do business with people who reply in the thread that you’ve created, can provide feedback etc, that way it’s in the public out in the open for all the other community members to see that you may be dealing with this person. If they don’t come through or if at some point you feel like maybe they ripped you off, I would highly suggest you let us know who this member is. But again yeah, maybe stick to people who already have a good feedback here? Sadly, there are those who prey on people looking for such items, kind of bothers me that they didn’t reply in the thread but messaged you directly. Please keep us informed as to how this is going. 

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer

10 hours ago, OldSchoolRetroGamer said:

Yikes, I really hope he comes through and you get what you agreed on but a member that’s only been here for a couple months just messaging you?, it sounds a little shady, again, I hope I’m wrong here but maybe in the future consider, only do business with people who reply in the thread that you’ve created, can provide feedback etc, that way it’s in the public out in the open for all the other community members to see that you may be dealing with this person. If they don’t come through or if at some point you feel like maybe they ripped you off, I would highly suggest you let us know who this member is. But again yeah, maybe stick to people who already have a good feedback here? Sadly, there are those who prey on people looking for such items, kind of bothers me that they didn’t reply in the thread but messaged you directly. Please keep us informed as to how this is going. 

Yes I will keep you posted and if I don't receive it I will post his username here but if I do get the item I will not.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't want to rub salt, but just a reminder for new players, if you are looking for an item, and someone pops up out of the blue with zero history offering exactly what you want for the price you want it for, don't be excited, be alarmed 

On the flip side, on a different site some guy was selling an SX for what I thought was a high amount (10 or so years ago), so I kind of jokingly offered him 150 bucks for it, which was ~25% what he was asking, and he instantly accepted it, alarm bells went off, yea ok this guy wants a fancy steak dinner and the 64 was a lie

• Like 2