IGNORED

I finally have a working Apple IIc

ColecoGamer

Nice work! Getting Apple II computers to work is good fun. 

Now check out some unique titles for the system. I recommend IO Silver, the Bilestoad, Swashbuckler, Choplifter (great with two button joystick, but not unique), Decathlon and Microwave off the top of my head. Microwave has some crazy programming tricks to play music during the game. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ianoid said:

Nice work! Getting Apple II computers to work is good fun. 

Now check out some unique titles for the system. I recommend IO Silver, the Bilestoad, Swashbuckler, Choplifter (great with two button joystick, but not unique), Decathlon and Microwave off the top of my head. Microwave has some crazy programming tricks to play music during the game. 

Thank you! I appreciate the recommendations. What isn’t pictured is the BOW Floppy Drive emul for the IIc and IIe that I purchased recently. 

This will make gaming (and trying out the recommendations you suggested) a lot easier and cheaper!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

@ColecoGamer

So glad to see your Apple IIc up and running!  I never had an Apple II growing up, but managed to score a working A2c 10 years or so ago on Ebay with the official mono monitor with stand included, shipped to Japan (!) for just under $100USD.  It was the deal of a lifetime haha.

I quickly grew very fond of the humble Apple II!  My favorite genre is RPGs, and the quick floppy drive makes playing these a real pleasure (especially compared to the C64 I grew up playing).  I recently completed Phantasie I and Shard of Spring on my Apple IIc, and had a blast playing both of them.  Right now, I'm working on (finally) completing Ultima II.

I started out with ADTPro and writing disk images to actual disks, and while that works great for cracked disk images, it's getting hard to find working floppies these days.  I then switched to using the BMOW Floppy Emu, and it's really a great piece of hardware.  It's made things a lot more convenient!

• Like 1