IGNORED

Something for Halloween

Captain Cozmos

6 hours ago, jblenkle said:

Is this an actual playable game or just a demo? I barely remember the 2600 Haunted House from back in the day and even back then I didn't know how to play it or what you were supposed to do.

The plan is to have a complete game as close to the original as possible.

I wanted to see if I could do it it.

I believe I can recreate the whole thing up until the light that surrounds the player.

That would have to be some type of bitmap when using 8x8 tiles.

I've noticed that this thread got real big very quick.

I am not sure that this would be the appropriate place for my project in the first place when I think I should have started it in programing.

Either way, I am going to direct all updates to my profile page that was given me when I signed up on this website.

https://atariage.com/forums/profile/79376-captain-cozmos/

Thanks to all who like my work.

I see this thread slowly going down the page.

So, to keep the subject alive for those who are not following my profile.

Major bug fixes and optimizations.

I finally fixed the offset bug so now you do not go through walls in any direction.

I finally have the timing of the scroll match the timing of the player movement.

I finally have successfully set up a proper mapping system that divides up the house into 24 rooms on four floors.

Updated all player and NPC animations to match the original game.

Updated the urn to be consistent with the broken handles (something you probably would not notice anyhow)

Updated display NPC or object in a specific room anywhere in the house.

Updated the system to where you can start in any room in the house. (great for the ability to make a completely random level)  Objects (sprites) can be anywhere in the any room at startup if I want.

With all patterns and basic sound in place still coming in under 6k

Captain C

• Like 3

New, padded to 6k and verified to work on a real Coleco ADAM through an ADE.

This may not look like anything new.

It is the release version for the fans to find bugs and please let me know.

Most of the code is in the rom but deactivated.

What is running is the level one map with a ton of bug fixes.  A lot of rewrite, honing and optimizing.

Preliminary HUD that tells which room you are in which also changes color with the floor.

I could have written a bloated feedback HUD but sometimes smaller is better.

Multiple Floors through working stairs, room to room tracking, scrolling, solid walls, colors, animated eyes, real joystick.

HH PADDV55.rom

Edited by Captain Cozmos

On 4/29/2022 at 4:54 PM, Captain Cozmos said:

I've noticed that this thread got real big very quick.

I am not sure that this would be the appropriate place for my project in the first place when I think I should have started it in programing.

Either way, I am going to direct all updates to my profile page that was given me when I signed up on this website.

https://atariage.com/forums/profile/79376-captain-cozmos/

Thanks to all who like my work.

I would think that the thread has slowed down due to the decision to post the info on the profile page.  Traditionally, most people will post about their projects here as members can follow along and it's easy to subscribe to get updates (like how I see them), but I don't see the updates posted to your profile page.

Just downloaded the most recent ROM.  Looking good!

1 minute ago, TPR said:

I would think that the thread has slowed down due to the decision to post the info on the profile page.  Traditionally, most people will post about their projects here as members can follow along and it's easy to subscribe to get updates (like how I see them), but I don't see the updates posted to your profile page.

Thanks, I am still learning the system.
My brain is still running on old-school.

The method of scoring in the original was based on fewest matches used and fewest lives lost.  You started with 9 lives and had unlimited matches.  Maybe make some kind of a scoring system where, at the end of the game, your score is displayed based on the number of matches used and lives lost, as well as maybe the difficulty setting? Also, maybe a rating based on how well you did.

Also, maybe when you lose your last life, you could have a creepy game over screen of some kind.  Just a thought.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sure wish *my* Goodwills (expensive Southern Calif.) had prices like those of members on this forum. $20 huge monitors, $15 laserjet printers with full toners, etc. Around me, these items would be vastly overpriced, at least $75 and $100, repectively. Even Goodwill is a ripooff in "rich" Southern Calif!

Edited by zyzzle

9 hours ago, zyzzle said:

Sure wish *my* Goodwills (expensive Southern Calif.) had prices like those of members on this forum. $20 huge monitors, $15 laserjet printers with full toners, etc. Around me, these items would be vastly overpriced, at least $75 and $100, repectively. Even Goodwill is a ripooff in "rich" Southern Calif!

In all honesty I should have put that on my personal page.  I also think it came off as braggadocios.

Hopefully I can get some coding done today in between the stucco work I have to do on the front of the house and other things.

• Like 1