IGNORED

Atari Invasion 2k22

SenorRossie

All,

We've kept rather quiet about this year's Atari Invasion, mainly due to the fact we didn't know whether it would take place as Covid is still all around us.

Fortunately, Saturday the 16th we were able to take over a large part of the Commodore sig meeting in Maarssen, the Netherlands. We brought lots of hardware, like stunt cycle, a six switcher and the 400/800 from the early days and an Atari VCS, a modern day console plus a lot of other systems. Hopefully next year we'll have more time to prepare ;)

Pictures are available on our FlickR space

IMG_20220416_140448.jpg

20220416_120024.jpg

IMG_20220416_140742.jpg

• Like 10

Luckily it's easter weekend, so plenty of time to rest.

The feedback we got prior to and during the after event diner was very positive, so much that we think it is safe to say there will be another edition next year. Maybe this time we will be able to suppress our urge to bring as much gear as possible...

The HCC Commodore sig meeting is held every two months in Maarssen.

Once a year we take over a large part of the space and fill it with atari (related) hardware. We used to do this during the February meetings, but due to Covid and time constraints, we moved this year's edition to April. We kind of liked the fact that we could fill and unload our cars in broad daylight, so we may push for a permanent move to the April event.

We have had some international aspirations:

Although in the light of recent events we will hold off on travelling abroad.

Then there are rumours of an extra event somewhere near Rotterdam, but as far as I know there are no definitive plans yet.

TL;DR next year February or April.

We will announce the date here, well ahead of the event this time.

On 4/17/2022 at 10:53 PM, gilsaluki said:

Love the Lynx stuff.

I brought three of those. One of the Lynx 2 units has a McWill display with VGA output, it is connected to the left monitor. The Lynx 1 has an overclocking switch. The other Lynx II has a small text and autograph of RJ Mical on it, which he wrote after watching my Lynx Boing Ball demos.

One of the Lynxes had a Lynx Gamedrive and the other an AgaCart, both for running software from an SD card. I also brought my Lynx game collection of almost all commercially released games.

Apart from those I also brought my Atari Portfolio, with a serial port module and a parallel port one, with flat cable, the same as used in Terminator 2 by John Connor to hack the ATM.

Another device I brought was my MiSTer FPGA, which can run a lot of Atari machines, like 2600/7800, 5200, 8-bit computers, Lynx, ST/STe and a number of Atari arcade machines.

It was a really fun day with lots of creative, friendly, approachable people.

• Like 1