IGNORED

Switch Sports

MrBeefy

On 12/13/2022 at 1:40 PM, zzip said:

How's everyone enjoying the Golf update?

Personally I'm having an issue with the Wedge and Putter.

When you get near the hole, the Wedge is often the best option-- in theory.   However I'm having an issue.   Say I'm a little outside the green,  and want to knock it near the hole,   I give the wedge a light swing,  the lightest swing the game will allow me to do.   Yet the ball goes flying well beyond the hole.   It's now on the other side of the hole, just as far away if not further.

Then there's the putter.   Many times I swing that thing as hard as I can because I might be 20ft from the hole,  yet the ball only goes 3 ft   WTH?   Not always, sometimes the ball does move as it should, but too often it barely moves.

So wedge seems unrealistically overpowered and putter is unrealistically underpowered?    Any one else running into this?  Or maybe I'm doing something wrong?

I haven't had any issue with the wedge so far, but I have to be careful with the putter or I hit the ball way past the hole like you mentioned. The best thing to do is keep taking practice shots until you get the strength of shot you want. It's weird that we are having the opposite effect with the same clubs.

34 minutes ago, atarifan88 said:

I haven't had any issue with the wedge so far, but I have to be careful with the putter or I hit the ball way past the hole like you mentioned. The best thing to do is keep taking practice shots until you get the strength of shot you want. It's weird that we are having the opposite effect with the same clubs.

My daughter pointed out what I was doing wrong.     I was swinging the same way I'd do for bowling,  you actually have to turn the Switch controller 90 degrees for golf.   Now the putter and wedge work more like I'd expect.    Strange that the other clubs work with the controller held incorrectly though