IGNORED

Genesis to NES controller adaptor ...exists?

Nintendoes what Genesis also does...?

Anyway, I suppose this

https://shop.8bitdo.com/products/8bitdo-bluetooth-retro-receiver-adapter-for-nes-console

+

https://www.8bitdo.com/m30/

will theoretically allow you to connect a (fake) Sega controller to an NES, although whether or not it actually works is unknown.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Nintendoes what Genesis also does...?

HAHAHAHAHA!

cool. I didn't know the 8bitdo controllers were interchangeable with receivers. That's pretty nifty.

I have a retrobit Genesis Bluetooth controller and love it!  Right now there's only receivers for the Genesis and Saturn. I wish Retrobit would make them for more systems... Perhaps in the future.

I was hoping there was some kind of homemade converter box so I could just use the Genesis retrobit receiver on the NES. Still hoping this thing might exist somewhere between 1990 and here. Heh.

Anyway, this might convince me to get an 8bitdo controller.  I've heard it's a little more latency, but not totally sure on this. 

Edited by CaptainBreakout

On 5/5/2022 at 4:00 AM, CaptainBreakout said:

I would think something like this would exist.

However, after spending some time looking around, I haven't seen anything.

Does anyone know of any adaptors for using a Genesis controller on an original NES?

I know of no adapter that can get 9 pin Sega controllers working on NES.  After doing 6 years of Wired-Up Retro YouTube video presentations on a good variety of classic system controller adapter options, I can assure you that I have looked pretty hard for one of these and found nothing.

Edited by ave1

On 5/5/2022 at 5:00 PM, CaptainBreakout said:

I would think something like this would exist.

However, after spending some time looking around, I haven't seen anything.

Does anyone know of any adaptors for using a Genesis controller on an original NES?

Maybe the RetroPad32?  It's a converter to allow you use original controllers on any supported console, and both the NES and Genesis are supported.  Not sure if the exact combination of "Genesis controller and NES console" is supported, but it might be worth looking into.

http://www.brunofreitas.com/node/84

Edited by newtmonkey